Fass issues.

14scorpion

Reaction score
So after letting truck sit over night I wake up to start it and just cranks so I have to twist fuel filter 1/4 turn to let air out until fuel comes out and it will fire right up then. If I let it sit too long I have to go back and repeat that again. Is there still air in system? Truck is obviously pumping correctly because it does not die on me mid drive or at idle and if I just let it sit an hour it'll fire up. Just won't fire up after long sittings. Any ideas?? Thanks

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My fass did the same thing after it was about a year old, it would just lose prime for no reason after a few hours.

I found that there was some fuel leaking out of the weep hole so I sourced all of the o-rings and seals and rebuilt everything, it was never the same again, I threw it away and built my own setup.

I would check all of your lines for leaks, if they aren't sealed properly it will let air in and the fass will lose prime and they suck at priming themselves.

If there aren't any leaks anywhere I suggest sending it in, my little rebuild didn't seem to help anything with mine, even after it stopped leaking.

These pumps are ***in garbage at higher pressures, mine was on my old 6.0, and if your's replaced your factory pump I'm sure it's just as pissed off at the 55+ psi they regulate at.

14scorpion

Reaction score
Sounds like a mess, mine just bypasses the factory pump but I already cut a hole and put a sump in my tank for better draw. Gonna get some soapy water when I get home and check for leaks. It's only 2 weeks old.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.