Fatboy Traction bars???

fordguy2

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these out and if so what do you think? Im looking at getting a set and a buddy told me about them and said he likes them and especially the price. I know they're not OUO but do you think they are worth it?

fordguy2

Reaction score
I know thats what I liked a lot about them. I looked up a write up on them and they looked really good and they were thick. Im probably going to end up getting them but just wanted some opinions.

jwlandry

Reaction score
PMFs new bars can be had for just a little bit more. You know what your gerting with Trevor's stuff plus he's a site sponser. I don't know if I'd trust some e bay traction bars. Those mounts don't look all the great either. IMHO

Charles

Reaction score
After reading the first post in that thread I had two words to describe the inevitable.... clink.... and clank....

Then I saw toward the end of the thread the OP had already come to that realization himself.

Why people still use Heim joints is a mystery to me. If they don't wear themselves out quick enough, the direct connection wears everything else out, in his case, his poor bracket bolts.

DocBar

Reaction score
I installed these on my truck in April and have a few K miles on them. Once I got them adjusted properly, I haven't had any issues. I check them ~1 a week and everything is still where it's supposed to be.

The only thing I would suggest is to check your pinion angle. I removed the factory block and added the Newton one and it's about 3/4" thicker than the stock one. Now I have a slight vobration to take care of.

No clanking or clunking, though.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My buddy Chris has these on his truck, all he said seeing our trucks side by side is he wishes he would have gotten the OUO. You cant hear mine everytime you touch the throttle.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i have my own on my truck.

2' dom,with 7/8 teflon lined heim joints,with high miss spacers,and balistic brackets.

i have yet to hear a peep out of them.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have a ton of well pipe on a rack and I slide a 3/4" ID x 1" OD pipe inside a 1" x 1 1/4" pipe for a very strong bar. Then I go to racingrodends.com and get their 3/4" rod ends. Then I get 2x2x1/4 square tubing and notch one end for the axle radius and the other end I radius for 1/2" long 3/4x1" pieces of pipe and weld the pipe pieces to the radiused end of the square to make a very strong pivot. Then I get 3/4" grade 8 bolts and attach the rod ends to the pivots I made from the square tubing. I use pieces of hose from tractor supply that I slip over the bolts to cushion the bolt from the pivot. Then just blast and paint the bar and weld the pivots onto the truck. I have absolutely no rattling, they look good, and nobody including myself have bent any at all.

fordguy2

Reaction score
Jared thats who I talked to about the bars and he said they were ok for the price. Vanderchevy18 can you put up some pics so we can check them out? I know you get what you pay for and this is someting I should probably put a little extra money in. I just had never had any and dont know what good ones are so all the replies help.

Latest posts

Members online