Favorite injectors

13fist

Reaction score
What's the current source for injectors that all the cool kids are doing?

Denver

Reaction score
What are the opinions on AC injectors? I keep my stuff long term and would like a replacement same week if I have any issues. Also don't want to have a unit go bad years later and find out the shop has closed up.

13fist

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be going with FF again. They were great once, but I've not been happy with my last set from them. I also have had a difficult time with FF's customer service.
I've heard great things about Rosewood, strongly leaning that way.
Unlimited I know little about. I think I've heard it said they built the injectors for PIS back in the day. I could be wrong though.
I looked into bitterroot since they are not too far from me, but don't see my preferred size listed. She really likes 180cc.
Mostly, I'm interested in which of the injector shops are putting out good reliable stuff. It seems to come and go in waves.

psduser1

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you...
They all build a set that'll suck, for someone, at some time.
I've been using unlimiteds service for the last five years or so, and generally, I've been happy with their customer service. Had a little trouble going thru them getting a ts chip reburned, but it did get resolved.
The injectors have all been fine, and this last set was really only suitable for cores, so they contacted me before doing any work.
I have noticed that there seems to be new guys answering the phone in the injector shop the last couple times, for whatever that means.
Rosewood does have a good reputation, also.

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
We aren't the largest injector shop, but we are the best. We don't list 180cc injectors because they are a hot and smokey mess not well suited for most customers. If you have to have them we will build them for you, but there is always a better option.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
We aren't the largest injector shop, but we are the best. We don't list 180cc injectors because they are a hot and smokey mess not well suited for most customers. If you have to have them we will build them for you, but there is always a better option.

180cc AA codes are only a hot smokey mess if not built and tuned right.

What does a tricked out set of your 300/200 hybrids flow @ 2ms and 2.5ms of pw?

13fist

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it. The more I research, the more good I hear about you guys, and I prefer to do business local as much as possible (I'm over in billings).
What would be the better option? What would be the criteria you need for making that decision?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Unlimited still builds them.

This

‘96 7.3- Precision Turbo 76mm, Carrillos, Colt stg2, BAMF

‘16 CCLB 350 6.7- Tyrant 230, Low-temp therm, Bilstein 5100s

'22 CCLB 350 Platinum- Star white, Snow stg 3, Lo-temp therm, fox 2.0s/dual stabilizer, air bags, S&B, 22s/37s

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
180cc AA codes are only a hot smokey mess if not built and tuned right.

What does a tricked out set of your 300/200 hybrids flow @ 2ms and 2.5ms of pw?

I can't remember a time when we've built a set of 180cc injectors, but I do remember a few customers that came to us and wanted to change their 180cc injectors from another shop into anything else.

300/200 injector flow is going to be dependent on fuel pressure and injection pressure. PW alone is not enough information.

Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it. The more I research, the more good I hear about you guys, and I prefer to do business local as much as possible (I'm over in billings).
What would be the better option? What would be the criteria you need for making that decision?

If you are after 400HP - 160/30, if you want 450HP - 205/30, if you want 500HP 238/80 (my favorite).

13fist

Reaction score
I'm almost through that monster thread you have over on fte. whew. Good info though.
Those 3 are the same I've been considering. Who would be your recommended tuner for the hybrids?
How well do the 238/80's run in lower tunning like daily driver?

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
We are a dealer for AA. 238/80's are a great daily injector, but if you are never going to use 500HP I would save some money and get a smaller injector that matches your goals.

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
Jim says 3200 PSI, 2.5ms will get him 265cc of fuel with a 300/200's. In our testing, most injectors will start to decrease fuel above 2800 PSI as the poppet valve starts to float, so you will actually lose HP. The good tuners learned this years ago. We test our 300/200 injectors at 2800 PSI, 3.5ms and 60 PSI of fuel.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Just to add on FF injectors. I thought they were good. I am not so sure now.

I had done a set of DIY 180's years ago back when it was a thing. Was very happy with them. They performed well. After years of running them I started getting a miss at idle when the engine was hot.
Like coming off the interstate and pulling up to a stop sign. Usually wouldn't pull out of it until RPMs got way up again. Figured something came loose in one of the injectors.
Questioning my own quality and not wanting to troubleshoot it I ordered a set of 180s from FF.

It could be my imagination, but it sure doesn't seem to run as well, and is more smokey than the set I made years ago.

Now it certainly could be the set I made was more or less than 180, because I never flow tested them, but with the same tunes before and after I was not as happy with the FF 180s.
Around town now I honestly usually run on a stock tune and only swap it when towing on or road trips.

Don't get me wrong, it runs great, smooth, powerful. Just different.

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
It could easily have been under 160cc with the diy depending on injector wear. Like you said, can't know without flow testing.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Jim says 3200 PSI, 2.5ms will get him 265cc of fuel with a 300/200's. In our testing, most injectors will start to decrease fuel above 2800 PSI as the poppet valve starts to float, so you will actually lose HP. The good tuners learned this years ago. We test our 300/200 injectors at 2800 PSI, 3.5ms and 60 PSI of fuel.

I do have another question for you.

Whether it's A-codes or hybrids. What nozzle size do you believe to be the most efficient as far as MPG?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online