Feedback on running bigger conventional injectors

Extended Power

Reaction score
On the street....
Who has run 350cc/100's on the street?
Who can supply new solenoids and spool valves. (I want this to be the last set)
I already know anything over a 100% nozzle is just too smokey. (Unless it's all tune related)

My 285/100's are not enough fuel for the air I have now, and I'm going to step up a little bit.
Some issues I see now with the 285/100's= smokey on startup, and hazy after warmed up...even at idle.
Temperatures are good, but I had fuel pulled from the bottom just because of smoke.

May be time to live tune the truck, just to get the most out of it, and not have my neighbours pissed off every time I fire it up.

sootie

Reaction score
Holders just released their new reman injectors that have new solenoids and spools i believe. Maybe hit Rykan up for parts...

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't wanna build them...so I don't need parts.
The cores I have will need new spool valves and solenoids regardless...

I'm going down to the States tomorrow, and would like to ship these to someone who builds injectors, but if I have to bring them home, I think they will be sitting a long time...other projects to do....truck runs strong...no need to spend money just trying to make more power.

04stroker

Reaction score
We could build them for you with new spools and solenoids. Running production on them now should be ready hopefully by the end of the month and we could put something together for you. PM me if your interested.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Do you know whos nozzles you have? IMO they should not smoke/haze at idle... might have something wrong or they are smokey nozzles.

I have run 285/75s with no haze and idled perfect. Ran exactly like my 175/75 down low but had WAY more fuel up top.

I am also not quite sure you can dump 350cc with 100% over nozzles. I know jesse ran 350/100 for a while but I think he modified the 100% nozzles and he said it was not dumping the whole 350cc. I think 100% nozzles max out around 285-300cc

Just curious... do you know your PW and ICPv at WOT?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Do you know whos nozzles you have? IMO they should not smoke/haze at idle... might have something wrong or they are smokey nozzles.

I have run 285/75s with no haze and idled perfect. Ran exactly like my 175/75 down low but had WAY more fuel up top.

I am also not quite sure you can dump 350cc with 100% over nozzles. I know jesse ran 350/100 for a while but I think he modified the 100% nozzles and he said it was not dumping the whole 350cc. I think 100% nozzles max out around 285-300cc

Nope.
I am picking up the CTS-2 I bought from Mike at No Limit tomorrow.
At least then I can see what the pulse width is.
The gauge I have stays at 4000psi at WOT now, after I slowed my secondary HPOP down a bit.

Extended Power

Reaction score

So stepping up to say a 125% nozzle would be better with the 350's?

My truck idles perfect...just has a haze...all the time...but, I keep tellin the wife, "It's not stock baby...far from it"

JGman141

Reaction score
I currently run 430/150s on my dd, mine only has a haze until it warms up. Your issue with trying to stay with conventional injectors is that you will break the intensifier springs easily. I ran 285/100 conventional's for about 6 months before I broke the springs in every injector on a full fuel tune. If your going to run anything over 255's, I would run hybrids to minimize the risk.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I currently run 430/150s on my dd, mine only has a haze until it warms up. Your issue with trying to stay with conventional injectors is that you will break the intensifier springs easily. I ran 285/100 conventional's for about 6 months before I broke the springs in every injector on a full fuel tune. If your going to run anything over 255's, I would run hybrids to minimize the risk.

Weird....first I heard if that.
I have been running mine for a couple years now.
Only time they were ridiculously smokey, was when they had 150 nozzles in them.

Extended Power

Reaction score
As soon as you go with hybrids...it seems you gotta go so damn big, it doesn't even seem real anymore.....like 430/150's.
With that size, you should have 1200-1300+hp, and an easy 10 sec truck.

Extended Power

Reaction score
So really, what's better for a daily driver then? Conventional or hybrid injectors?
What is the ratio of the hybrid injectors? (Conventional being 7:1)
What size hybrid for 1000rwhp?

swinky

Reaction score
I will send my injectors out every year before I run hybrids.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
I was told by Jesse that the 100% nozzle on a conventional was best.

On hybrids, 7mm, they can run up to a 225% nozzle
On the 8mm, they can handle up to 400%.

JGman141

Reaction score
I know of at least one other that ran 285s and had the same issue I did. With hybrids you can actually go as small as 190cc. Most hybrids you typically see are really big because they can push a lot of fuel. Honestly I never thought I would go to hybrids because of the injection pressure loss but I've had no issues with these yet.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I know of at least one other that ran 285s and had the same issue I did. With hybrids you can actually go as small as 190cc. Most hybrids you typically see are really big because they can push a lot of fuel. Honestly I never thought I would go to hybrids because of the injection pressure loss but I've had no issues with these yet.

So how much does your truck make with the 430's?

Extended Power

Reaction score
What's the 7mm and 8mm size from? The plunger?

Honestly, this is ridiculous trying to determine what injector to go with anymore.

To the injector builders:

How big of an injector can you make that is reliable in a conventional style?
What size of injector, hybrid or conventional, do you need for 1000rwhp?
At 1000rwhp, which injector will run cleaner? (Less smoke on the street)

04cr450

Reaction score
Anything over 205's in conventional get competition springs which wear out fast. Learned this from charlie. I am going with hybrids for sure on my single cab build. Going 430/150's.. can always pull fuel.
Hybrids for sure burn clean at least from what I saw- 430's will make a grand easily

My setup as of now will be the 69 sxe paired with a s480.. maybe a t500 but more than likely the 480. We will see, I am not looking to make 1k hp instantly- my skillset is not their for that. I know I'll have a setup that is able to make that once I learn more on tuning etc etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online