Fender Flare thoughts?

Hawker

Reaction score
Just like the title, I'm running 325/60/18 terra grapplers and they're throwing just about everything from the road all over the truck. I've tossed up going to a stock width wheel and tire combo, but I kinda like the width of these (which are low on tread to begin with)

You guys think flares are the way to go, or just pony up for a different set of wheels and tires?

Hawker

Reaction score
how it sits now. thinking of powdercoating the rims black if i decide to keep them.
CameraZOOM-20111214154512866.jpg

03international

Reaction score
id change my tires before i put those ugly things on my truck. doesnt matter what kind or how they mount up, i think they are the ugliest things to put on a truck. just my opinion though

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you Hawker... I would like fender flares but I just haven't seen anything done that would look good. I have seen very few trucks that pull off fender flares the way I want it.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Warning - how do those do at keeping crap off the side of the truck?

They did good with the 18" rims on. Now with the 12" wides it's not worth a damn. I kinda like the look of flares at times. Other times I'm wanting to yank them back off.

chromehound

Reaction score
These are with my ProComp 37/13.5/20 and they throw everything on the road - judging by the stuff that gets piled up on the underside of the flares I think they do a fine job of keeping the truck sides cleaner. Off topic but what brand are your rims?
004.jpg

passside.jpg

GTOKILLER

Reaction score
They did good with the 18" rims on. Now with the 12" wides it's not worth a damn. I kinda like the look of flares at times. Other times I'm wanting to yank them back off.

You should pull those off ASAP........... then sell em to me :thumbsup: haha I really like to look of them, could you have them painted white before you ship them though:poke: thanks!

constantfix

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing flares for awhile. I have some nasty rust spots forming on both rear fenders. Drives me bonkers. I was going to do the ones where you actually cut the metal back, in this case it would be cutting the rust out

But I would hate to put them on and not like the final product.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.