FICM Programmer

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
I received my programmer from PHP on Monday.

I connected the programmer to the OBD port and it doesn't power up. I checked the cig lighter fuse and it seems to be fine. My CTS Insight and SCT seem to work when plugged in.

Is there anything else I should look at?

I know they are closed till July 17th so I thought maybe someone here could give me some input.

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
Mdub- I will give that a try.

F-250- I did remove the relay. I also loaded the stock tune into truck. How do you like FICM tuning?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
it very nice...... I also got the Looney Wild form Vivian as well.... I kinda thought I had an injector issue... now Im sure I do. It does great with my Innovative tow tune though, I have only tried the atlas 40 though.... only 3 more to try out....

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
Its the programmer. I connected it to another truck, it didn't power up.

Well no biggie..... I will try to contact PHP next week to see what we can figure out.

F-250- Sucks about the injector issue. Hope its not major.

Bryant- Sounds like a stout setup. Between both tunes.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm dying to get the gryphon myself... looks like I'm buying AE instead so I can get this pig running.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Its the programmer. I connected it to another truck, it didn't power up.

Well no biggie..... I will try to contact PHP next week to see what we can figure out.

F-250- Sucks about the injector issue. Hope its not major.

Bryant- Sounds like a stout setup. Between both tunes.

It's not bad for stock injectors/turbo. It ran 14.61@ 91 in 95* heat and running 35's on 22" wheels.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I changed my oil and added 2 bottles of rev-x..... this thing runs like a scalded dog now... hoping to be able to dyno Vivians Looney Tune Wild and another variation of it she sent me this weekend......

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
I changed my oil and added 2 bottles of rev-x..... this thing runs like a scalded dog now... hoping to be able to dyno Vivian's Looney Tune Wild and another variation of it she sent me this weekend......

Thats good.

I had a similar issue over the winter. FICM was showing low voltage on cold mornings causing rough starts and idling. Ended up replacing FICM w/ Vivian's 58V FICM and running some RevX.

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
Well.... I have tried to contact PHP several different ways via, PHP forum, email, PM, and phone. I know they have been busy since the got back from a family reunion.

Should I ship the programmer back with a note of the issue or wait for someone to contact me?

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
F-250: Job security LOL

Agjake: Just checked the cable, I believe your right. I checked continuity between the OBD plug to the large 8 prong plug. I'm not getting any continuity on 3 of the 8 prongs.

Attachments

• FICM pro cable.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 43

BullsEye

Reaction score
F-250 Owner : I read something earlier saying that Vivians tunes do not work well with PHP FICM tune. I could be wrong but I almost completely positive I did saw that. You might check into that before you take the time to pull your injectors and spend the money on something that might be a tuning issue.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
there was an injector issue before Vivians tuning and the PHP FICM tuner... I only run my Innovative Tow Tune with the Hercules tune.... she mentioned to me that her tunes would run good with the 40 or 80, just not the higher ones.....

Latest posts

Members online