ficm tunes

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Looking at doing a ficm tuner. I've been searching and can't find the exact info I'm looking for. Guy that's have experience with a setup similar to mine (155s/stock and pmax), are the ficm tunes worth the cost? Also, has anyone had a chance to try both php and idp ficm tunes? If so, is there a noticeable difference in them? Will be running tsd spd most of the time.

superBADduty

Reaction score
Go to both PHP's website and also In novative Diesel's website. Both will have a lot of info for you. Also, IDP has a YouTube channel that goes over the FICM tuning. I have IDP's FICM tuner and I really like it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

kwelch08

Reaction score
Hell if anything give mad Matt's a call since you are in Denton. They are just over in Fort Worth. Anytime I have ever called with questions they always take the time to explain everything in full detail to me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Matt is who studded the truck. Last time I talked to him he had more experience with the php ficm tunes. Superba, was there much of a drivability difference between stock and ficm tuned? Looking for more info about idp ficm tunes since all the info I find about them is older info when they offered different tunes on their tuner.

superBADduty

Reaction score
I noticed quicker starts and a little more power. They have two tunes on their FICM tuner. One with inductive heating and one performance without the inductive heating. Eric at IDP said if you have just the FICM tune you'll notice more of a difference than if you are running a ECM tune as well. There is a ton more that goes into this more than my brain can handle.
I found this discussion on the subject, I know it's old but I don't think much of anything has changed. Eric from IDP even chimes in.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/428025-idp-ficm-programmer-s.html

Mdub707

Reaction score
PHP is the way I went for a couple reasons. I went with the gryphon tuner. For one, it doubles as a monitor, which I didn't have at the time. Two, I could re-write over my tunes and put it back to stock FICM tunes as well, at that time ********** was only a one way operation. You couldn't put it back to a stock FICM tune, but they may have changed that now. Third, all of PHP's FICM tunes had inductive heating, which I wanted for my climate (upstate NY).

I don't think you can go wrong with either, just personal preference. FICM tuning was nice on my stock setup, but it made a large improvement in spool up with my non VGT setup.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Just as superBADduty & Mdub707 has stated. Ficm tuning is a nice gain in throttle response and power. Some also see a bump in mileage depending on the flash that's on the truck already.

We have 2 flashes an inductive heating and a performance flash. Currently it is a one way operation as Mdub707 has stated, however we are working on a new device, but nothing in production yet.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Just as superBADduty & Mdub707 has stated. Ficm tuning is a nice gain in throttle response and power. Some also see a bump in mileage depending on the flash that's on the truck already.

We have 2 flashes an inductive heating and a performance flash. Currently it is a one way operation as Mdub707 has stated, however we are working on a new device, but nothing in production yet.
Which strategies are showing a bump in mpg?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.