Finally installed new shocks - Bilstein 5100's

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Its all in the valving..brands are not going to make a difference. valving you have is 70 on compression..99% of the time that works for everyone. we can get a 43 on the compression which should get you want you want.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Its all in the valving..brands are not going to make a difference. valving you have is 70 on compression..99% of the time that works for everyone. we can get a 43 on the compression which should get you want you want.

That definitely sounds like what I want to try. I'm going to add a set of air bags to it as well, once I get this shock situation figured out.

Tell me this...whats the advantage of 70 on the compression compared to 43, that makes everyone like the 70 so much? Just trying to educate myself on what all that means lol

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I don't know..everyone has different likes and what one likes another may not..its softer in compression which would help on the little bumps like concrete expansion joints..But add weight..camper etc and it will rock a tad more..always trade offs in a suspension system..

FYI..bags will make the ride stiffer...

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I'm just adding the bags for when I'm pulling. Altough, I have had most people with bags tell me it rides better empty with a few pounds in the bags.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've been think about getting some Bilsteins too, my truck has about 230k on it and it's only on it's second pair of Ranchos... They're defniitely shot :doh: The truck rides like **** and seems to have a body roll or sway while cruising down the road, would the Bilsteins eliminate that?

jwlandry

Reaction score
I'm just adding the bags for when I'm pulling. Altough, I have had most people with bags tell me it rides better empty with a few pounds in the bags.

Very very much better. I run about 5-10psi in them when not hooked to a trailer and its night and day difference. Much better i think.

Tom S

Reaction score
I did not see an improvement in ride with airbags on the back empty.

Goose

Reaction score
I've been think about getting some Bilsteins too, my truck has about 230k on it and it's only on it's second pair of Ranchos... They're defniitely shot :doh: The truck rides like **** and seems to have a body roll or sway while cruising down the road, would the Bilsteins eliminate that?

They did on my truck.

Latest posts

Members online