Finally installed new shocks - Bilstein 5100's

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I think its a sign from God that I need to just bite the bullet and get what I was considering from the beginning:

KING-25001-213+25001-214-A-400.jpg

bpb424

Reaction score
if only they werent $2300!!! lol

I'm in the same boat. I need shocks bad and cant decide if I should go all out on king Coilovers or not.
I thought about spending half that and just upgrading to a 2.5 shock but I'll be pissed if it doesn't ride well.
I need to bite the bullet and do it

Whytry

Reaction score
lol its only money jk but they look good on there, but I couldnt stop thinking about those king coilovers lol

TxFireman1972

Reaction score

sgleshot

Reaction score
thats a good price, we make shocks, king is by far some of the better quality shocks on the market. As for off the shelf shocks, I'm partial to sway away, but I do know what king has amazing customer service. Here's a little shock eye candy for the hell of it.

2011-05-03_21-55-43_142.jpg

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
The vast majority of my customers like the Bilstein valving..I can get a little softer compression valving if you want for the rear..Fronts no one has had a problem..

Problem with any C/O is fitment..should have a 8" lift to have travel..under that IMO get springs and shocks valved to your liking..Their isn't any difference between C/O's and coils and shocks..valving and spring rates the same then ride will be the same..givin correct travel

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I was told the same think. And that's how they are mounted. Wonder why they be different between mine and yours? I was thinking shaft down, but the bushings weren't set up for that, plus it would have made the sticker upside down.

You have any pics of yours?

Aaron S

Reaction score
I agree with the bilstiens not performing well on the rear of my truck as well, but more on the soft side. Has anyone tried the resivoir or bypass shocks from icon on a superduty? If so id like to hear what you think.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I wanted to play with air pressure some. Checked with a gauge I had laying on the tool box and it showed 50psi. Well I checked my tires again with my good Viar screw on guage. They had almost 65psi in them all the way around. My other cheapo guage must have been screwed up. I had my tires rotated at the dealer the other day when I had the oil changed. They must have filled them up to max psi. I just dropped them down to around 55psi and I'm gonna try that out, and go from there.

Goose

Reaction score
I just put Bilsteins on my truck and I love them. The ride is 100x better. I am happy with the front and rears. No I just hope they last!

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Shock ride quality is subjective..thats why some like stock, some like rancho's and etc...can't make everyone happy but at least in my case 99% of my customers love the Bilsteins.

Denver

Reaction score
I have Bilsteins all around and the rear is a little stiff but they really perform when I have a trailer hooked on the truck.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I pulled the Bilsteins off the rear today, couldn't take it any more. The fronts seem to be fine, but the rears are way to stiff. I feel everything in the road, and that's with only 45 psi in them. I threw some stock black body 2008 shocks on that I had laying in the garage. They ride better that the Bilsteins did. So its back to the drawing board lol

I contacted King about a set of these:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...ar-kit-only-for-99-09-ford-f250-f350-4wd.html

The front coilovers are out, since 1.75" above stock is the lowest you can go. I want it exactly where it sits now. So I'm going to see if they offer a 2.5" series shock for the front for a stock application, to match the ones I listed above. So we'll see what they say.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.