Finish on KR steering wheel

bad moose

Reaction score
Ok don't laugh, and I am that anal.

The finish has worn off on the top half of the steering wheel. It is a King Ranch with the leather upper and lower. The oils and dirt have finally gotten to it even with regular cleanings and conditioning.

Is there anything that I can do to put a finish back onto it?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Ok don't laugh, and I am that anal.

The finish has worn off on the top half of the steering wheel. It is a King Ranch with the leather upper and lower. The oils and dirt have finally gotten to it even with regular cleanings and conditioning.

Is there anything that I can do to put a finish back onto it?

Im interested in this too, since mine is looking the same way

Spatel23

Reaction score
I sent mine off to a place in Texas and they refinished it and added a woodgrain portion which eliminates the reoccurence. You send a piece of your woodgrain in with the wheel and they match it. Cant remember the name of the place right now, if I do, I will post it.

Goose

Reaction score
Tagging this. I'd like to know that place you're talking about. Seems I remember somewhere that does re-tanning, but cant remember the name

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Mine is cracking on the top and I have been wondering the same thing... $200 isn't terrible, but what exactly is the dealer return network? Also, how do you go about replacing the steering wheel since it has an airbag, etc?

Matt_P

Reaction score
I sent mine off to a place in Texas and they refinished it and added a woodgrain portion which eliminates the reoccurence. You send a piece of your woodgrain in with the wheel and they match it. Cant remember the name of the place right now, if I do, I will post it.

Id be interested in that for sure

I got mine with buttons for 200 bucks on the dealer return network.

Thats not nearly as bad as I would have though, this might be a stupid question, but whats the dealer return network?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Mine is cracking on the top and I have been wondering the same thing... $200 isn't terrible, but what exactly is the dealer return network? Also, how do you go about replacing the steering wheel since it has an airbag, etc?

VERY carefully from what Ive been told. I didnt touch mine, bc I know airbags hurt. Aaron switched mine for me when it was at his shop. Well not Aaron, but you know LOL

The place is craftcustoms
Expensive from what I remember but it was well worth it in my opinion.

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
VERY carefully from what Ive been told. I didnt touch mine, bc I know airbags hurt. Aaron switched mine for me when it was at his shop. Well not Aaron, but you know LOL

I believe they quoted me 500 plus shipping..

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Any updates on what the 'Dealer Return Network' is? I priced a new steering wheel from Tousley and it comes in at $363. Mine is worn out, but I can't swallow that price for a new one.

Any other leads on getting a new or slightly used stock wheel? I don't want wood replacements.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

225 + shipping
1 week turn around from the time the steering wheel arrrives at thier location

they are in rockwall texas

i just looked them up and called them

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
The Dealer return network is a thing the Fo mo co has that if a dealer order a "non stocked item" and it doesn't sell and they want to get it out of there stock they post it up on it and its any where from 10% to 50% off. Ask your parts department if they will look it up for you but most of the time they buy it and sell it at full retail for more profit on there end unless you have a hook up.

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
give me a part number for it and I will see if I can find one for a discount. They range from cost through cost -50%. If some dealer is stuck with one I can find it and scoop it up for you through my parts dept. at work.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Any updates on what the 'Dealer Return Network' is? I priced a new steering wheel from Tousley and it comes in at $363. Mine is worn out, but I can't swallow that price for a new one.

Any other leads on getting a new or slightly used stock wheel? I don't want wood replacements.

Lol at turning down a BRAND NEW wheel for $360

Latest posts

Members online