first 6.4 repair cab on...photo heavy

MorganY

Reaction score
Thanks, I doubt it is the ebp sensor, I cleaned it upon reassembly, and I got custom turning made for the EBP sensor since I did not re install the EGR pipe and put the block off plate right on the up pipes.. going to clean the MAP sensor, and maybe swap a VGT actuator on it on a set of cores I have laying around that I know works.

Silverback

Reaction score
side work pays great but man they are always a pain in the ass lol. The guy is a dummy for not replacing the cam imo

Sure hope he's paying you a pretty penny, pulling those turbos cab on had to suck..

MorganY

Reaction score
side work pays great but man they are always a pain in the ass lol. The guy is a dummy for not replacing the cam imo

Sure hope he's paying you a pretty penny, pulling those turbos cab on had to suck..

He didn't want to outsource the motor to have it repaired, and he said if it will run, then do it. so I said ok. He's paying me half of what a dealership charges. Want to hear the best part of this whole story?

3 days later after I got the motor back in and running. I came back to pull turbos again cab on to fix an oil drain leak..and there were two blue 14ft tall pieces of metal bolted to the concrete next to the truck.. :doh:

TRUBBS

Reaction score
3 days later after I got the motor back in and running. I came back to pull turbos again cab on to fix an oil drain leak..and there were two blue 14ft tall pieces of metal bolted to the concrete next to the truck.. :doh:

assuming for a twin post lift?

MorganY

Reaction score
props to you for tackling that job!

thanks! this is from when I pulled the cab right after the lift was put it to fix the oil drain leak.

dd66a0f0.jpg

MorganY

Reaction score
th_dff71ff5.jpg

here is the video right before I took it for its initial test drive. The reason I rev'd it was to double check for exhaust leaks on the dpf delete pipes. Will hopefully have an update soon

MorganY

Reaction score
Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
well I put these little guys on today..

3f6216ff.jpg

f42cd698.jpg

The truck FINALLY drives right. Check engine light free. It is very awesome. Big thanks to Shane (whitemonster), Dzchevy21 and Colton for the MAP sensor (Super08Duty)

and yes I removed the two bolts connecting the two turbos once I got them in the truck. didn't want them to separate while they were on the hoist.

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
How was it pulling the engine cab on and was it needed to remove turbos before removing engine or was that just because you were going to remove heads cab on? j/w as I am a inexperienced diesel tech without a lift so I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of cab on stuff to my truck. :/ always learning the hard way lol

MorganY

Reaction score
How was it pulling the engine cab on and was it needed to remove turbos before removing engine or was that just because you were going to remove heads cab on? j/w as I am a inexperienced diesel tech without a lift so I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of cab on stuff to my truck. :/ always learning the hard way lol

Pulling it cab on was a bit tricky for my first time, but next time it should go by smoothly. It is not necessary to pull the motor to remove turbos. Whitemonster can get the turbos off and on within a couple hours. After seeing the amount of work to remove just one head, I figured spend a couple more hours and get the engine on the stand, just incase the lifter went out. luckily I was right and it worked out perfectly, couldn't have done it without the help from the guys on PSA (Shane, Dustin, Colton, thanks!)

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
Im sorry I wasn't clear I was asking if you had to remove turbos to get the engine out cab on but I seen another thread where it was said that it wasn't needed to remove the engine. I just wish I could afford a lift cause I could make bank around here

MorganY

Reaction score
Im sorry I wasn't clear I was asking if you had to remove turbos to get the engine out cab on but I seen another thread where it was said that it wasn't needed to remove the engine. I just wish I could afford a lift cause I could make bank around here

turbos can stay in, the motor can be removed complete assembly if you raise the cab a couple inches. If you don't raise the cab, pull the passenger side up pipe and EGR pipe out or disconnect them and bungee them back there if they won't come out. otherwise you risk tearing the hell out of your firewall

Latest posts

Members online