First start up no start!! Help!

hunterER7

Reaction score
Hey guys. So i recently rebuilt the top end of my 07 6.0 completely due to head gaskets. Rebuilt heads, studs, new oil cooler, stc updated fitting. All new seals, 190/100 warren injectors, driven diesel fuel regulated return w/bowl ******, fass 125gph pump, barder stage2 (64.7x92x66), custom intake (partial stock), mishimoto boost tubes, and some other odds and ends.

Anyway today was start up day. Was getting everything buttoned up and finished the fuel supply line to the regulator. Had a minor leak from a banjo bolt missing a copper washer. No sweat. Got down to charging the batteries to have enough power to start the truck up from being dry as a bone. And the trucks cranking and building oil pressure no problem. I'm getting fuel to the front of the heads but doesn't seem to be either returning through the other side or flowing correctly. Not too sure yet. On top of that the fuel regulator pressure gauge isn't showing any pressure being built. Found out tonight I do need to be running a bigger fuel pressure regulator spring(75psi) to make sure the fass pump can keep up with the wanted 60-65psi.

So what it comes down to is what are y'alls opinions on this? Has anyone had the same experience or issue? I'm kinda stumped here and don't know what to do. Had a long day today trying to get her finished up but called it quits for the night. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Earl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Do you hear the fuel pump running? Could it be possible that the fuel lines are reversed? Since you're not building pressure.

hunterER7

Reaction score
Pumps definitely running pretty positive the lines are correct as well

78f100

Reaction score
Not sure how long you cranked on it but it takes a while to fill the oil rails up and make high pressure oil. If you had a fuel leak at the head you are getting some fuel there so it should start if everything else is ok. Are you hearing the injectors clack? Ficm plugged in good?

hunterER7

Reaction score
Yeah all that's good. I don't think the truck is cranking long enough. I could be wrong though.

Lipka101

Reaction score
I have no idea about the fuel side but the one 6.0 I did studs on took a good 5-10 minutes of cranking to build oil pressure and fire up. Even then it ran a little rough and smoked for another 5 before it cleared up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
When I did mine it took a while to start up. I ended up removing the belt so I was just turning the engine. That helped me alot and it eventually started. Also I would have another running truck or starting box hooked up to it.

hunterER7

Reaction score
Well here's a finial update fellas. Make sure to check all your connections. My dumbass forgot to plug in the cam position sensor. On top of that I was air bound in the pump. Ended up pushing the air through and she purred like a kitten. Took us two jump boxes and a charger. Drained the batteries a few times but hey she's up and running. Now to finish some odds and ends. I'll be posting a few things about this build soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.