Flare/ rock protection ideas

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 2015 ruby red ccsb and I live on a couple miles of gravel in north iowa, I am starting to see the typical rock chips around the wheel wells and randomly on the truck

I want this truck to last forever, I need to do something to protect the truck, I am thinking either color match Linex and deal with random chips on the side or a color match flare that is proportional to the truck and tire size and the lines above the wheel well ... I would want a flare that doesn't get road grime and **** behind it, I am not a big fan of the big flares that look like there bolted on, no offense

I am currently running Toyo at 2 295 65 r 20 s and when the wear out I want to switch back to 305 55 r 20s duratracs

Thanks in advance for the ideas, and if any pics that would be great

DWhite

Reaction score
I don't remember what the stuff was called but they make a clear protective film you can spray on the lower half of your truck. I was planning on doing it to mine to save it from rock chips. I'll have to do some digging to find the product So I can let you know and get it done myself.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Yeah please do, I have pro flaps but that only does so much and the have to fit with a flare and no rubbing the tire, I see bushwhacked makes one with out the bolt on look and it's a little smaller anyone have those on there 6.7 with pictures

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'm going with OEM flares...they look to add about on inch of width.
The stuff DWhite is talking about is 3M Clear Bra.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Yeah please do, I have pro flaps but that only does so much and the have to fit with a flare and no rubbing the tire, I see bushwhacked makes one with out the bolt on look and it's a little smaller anyone have those on there 6.7 with pictures

I think your talking about the extend-a-flares from bushwacker, I have a set that I haven't installed yet, so I don't have any pics for you, but here's a link to someone else's truck with them.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1097484&postcount=475

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Oem flares would be your best bet with some mud flaps. That's my plan but everyone is scared to paint match the platinum white.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine will be Platinum white....the body shop says they can pull it off so I guess we'll see. The flares are sitting in my office...I keep forgetting to drop them off.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
They are telling me the color will match but it will look wrong at different angles. let me know how it comes out

anth

Reaction score
It will come out just fine I had mine painted to match white platinum.

anth

Reaction score
I've got bushwacker extend-a-flares. I'll have to snap a few pictures in the morning thought I had some on my phone but I don't. I know I had to give the painter my vin number so he could get it all correct.

Jayh

Reaction score
I have the same issue, just got a black platinum and putting 22x10.5's on it, there going to stick out a bit and I'm trying to find something I can spray on the lower fender areas. I don't really want to add flares. Anybody have experience with the spray on protectors?

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I had linex all the way around the bottom inch on my black 6.0 and it held up great and you barley noticed it was there... I'm the same way, if I do the stock flares painted to match I'm afraid it will look bad and get road grime and **** trapped behind them

anth

Reaction score
Pics with flares painted. Rims are 20x10 with 35x12.50r20. icon leveling kit, ouo traction bars. Kinda get a idea what it looks like with and without flares and how much the tires stick out. Sorry for the crappy photos.

IMG_0359.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0360.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0358.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0356.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0296.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0295.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0292_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Pics with flares painted. Rims are 20x10 with 35x12.50r20. icon leveling kit, ouo traction bars. Kinda get a idea what it looks like with and without flares and how much the tires stick out. Sorry for the crappy photos.

I am glad you are happy with the paint, but to me those are not even close to matching. In almost every picture they are a brighter/ more pure white.

That is basically what I am being told the outcome will be. It will look right sometimes but from other angles they wont match. I am too picky about my truck to deal with it

Firebug

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the flares so I chose to do the 3M wrap from front to back and up to the body line on my '15 CCLB. Truck is Magnetic Metallic (gun metal grey) and it's not noticeable at all. I run a lot of miles on gravel and drive my truck hard, like 70mph hard on gravel!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.