Flo pro exhaust to short?

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
I installed my flo pro 5" turbo back (4" down pipe) exhaust today but can anyone give me some insight int getting the right spacer pieces in. I have a ccsb and finally got it all bolted up but some of the joints can't be more than maybe 1/2 an inch

78f100

Reaction score
if you got the kit that will do a Cclb also you will have one piece left over. I think the flo pro kits come built for both ccsb and cclb. Do you have a piece left over?

78f100

Reaction score
Here is how it should be. You may have 2 pieces left, one if no muffler is used the other is for long bed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-12-00-48-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-00-48-08.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 84

2015sixohno

Reaction score
I've found on 2 flow pro kits that using the sullied band clamp on the tailpipe does not work correctly because the bend on the tailpipe is to close to where it slips into the muffler. I used regular u bolt clamps In this location only to make it work. Not sure about the length issue but cutting is required on at least one pipe in their kits. A measurement sheet should come in the box of not check their website for it.

powerstroke6.4

Reaction score
I just installed the flo pro 5 in on my truck the end of last year. The only thing I cut was the tailpipe after the rear tire. I only did it for the exhaust tip I put on. Other than that I didnt cut anywhere else. Are you sure it was a kit for the Ford trucks? Mine fit perfectly on a CCSB.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Is it only the 5" that people are having to cut? I put a 4" FloPro on mine and it fit perfectly. The only piece I didn't use was the exit pipe. I dumped it over the rear axle. And my kit came with everything for a ccsb and cclb.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

6.4f350

Reaction score
I have a 5" on my CCLB and I have to take it off and cut the delete pipe because it's a couple inches too long and the tailpipe section won't fit. I called them and they said that a few inches gets cut off the delete pipe after it's made and they may have had a batch where that didn't happen.

DillonM91

Reaction score
I installed the 5" kit on my CCSB a few months ago and didnt cut anything. It fit with no problems.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I always had to cut the 5" Flo-Pros on the 6.4's to get them to fit right...

Never on the 6.7 Flo-Pros

these were all straight pipe FWIW, I've found that the muffler delete pieces are slightly different length than the mufflers

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
Dillionm91 do you happen to know what actual pieces you used? I've tried all combos possible I think I go shipped two of the same pieces or I'm just overthinking it.

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
I bought the turbo back and I am not trying to avoid one cut I'm out of town with work for several weeks right now so I don't have my tools to properly make that one cut and I'm not a improviser I like to do it right one time is all.

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
It was shipped to me from Rudy's as part number 638nb for the 6.4. The down pipe when in great no problems just delete pipe back is where issues came in.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
Flo Pro could have sent you a wrong piece. I ordered a Flo Pro 5" downpipe back with bungs. The first pipe has one bung on the end, the second pipe has no bungs. I'm supposed to have part # 30858 but received 30858NB. Now waiting on them to send me the right piece.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.