FNG From Northern CO

Killer Instincts

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been lurking here for a little bit and this looks like a great forum. My mechanic/tuner guy recommended PSA as the best Powerstroke forum around, so here I am. I bought an '03 Excursion 6.0 back in October with 107k on it (113k now) that I am in love with, and now I've got the itch to build it up a little. Seems I can't help myself.

Anyway, thanks to the hosts/mods for what looks like a great resource. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Cheers,

Jack

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Welcome from Lake Jackson TX

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Killer Instincts

Reaction score
Welcome! I've got an '03 X (7.3) that I love too, although my poor girl has over 3x your mileage :)

What are your plans for it?

Nice! I seriously considered getting a 7.3, but the mileage of the 6.0 sold me despite its well-known shortcomings. Hopefully mine will one day be as 'experienced' as yours.

Since the X is my daily driver, I'm planning on keeping the mods fairly modest: ARP studs, all new gaskets and seals (leaky rear main right now), EGR delete, intake and SCT tuner. I'm looking for reliability more than power. 400 RWHP would be just fine with me - I've got a modded C6 vette that takes care of the go-fast duties.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Nice! I seriously considered getting a 7.3, but the mileage of the 6.0 sold me despite its well-known shortcomings. Hopefully mine will one day be as 'experienced' as yours.

Since the X is my daily driver, I'm planning on keeping the mods fairly modest: ARP studs, all new gaskets and seals (leaky rear main right now), EGR delete, intake and SCT tuner. I'm looking for reliability more than power. 400 RWHP would be just fine with me - I've got a modded C6 vette that takes care of the go-fast duties.
Welcome! Pics of the vette!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

cbf9703

Reaction score

'Experienced'... I like it! Lol I went with an '05 front end, but stuck with the 7.3, not worried about the mileage. Shooting for a half million before rebuild just to say I did it. :D

X is my primary daily, went modest on it as well. Got another truck that takes care of the higher HP itch when I need it scratched.

And I second pics on the vette!!

On edit: treed me with the pic. Looks good! And love the scenery!

shmoozer

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm down in the Thornton area myself. Hope to see you around sometime.

-KCCO-

Latest posts

Members online