Fog light question

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Truck doesn't have fog lights right now but I want to add them. I have the lights and brackets. Is the stock wiring already in the truck? Can I just swap the headlight switch with one for one with fog lights and be good?

Mdub707

Reaction score
No, at least not on my XLT it wasn't. I even ordered the harness that runs from the lights up to the main harness and could find no place to plug it in. I guess it may be there, buried in the loom already, but I didn't look that hard.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I just looked when I had the cab off of an 07 xl 550, and it had the plug at the very front of the driver's side inner fender, where it meets the core support.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That truck did or did not come with fogs factory? Mine did not, I want to add them... couldn't find the plug.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just run your own switch and relays. I always run my fogs straight to a relay that is hooked straight to a key on trigger with a kill switch hidden in the cab somewhere. I don't like tons of switches so, that's what worked best for me.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
From my research this is my understanding. The plug for them is under the air filter box. And you will also need the stock switch for fog lights. Now my next thing is i have heard of some of the trucks being able to switch the fogs on with just running lights and some have to have the headlights on too. i want to be able to use fogs and running lights.

Mdub707

Reaction score
From my research this is my understanding. The plug for them is under the air filter box. And you will also need the stock switch for fog lights. Now my next thing is i have heard of some of the trucks being able to switch the fogs on with just running lights and some have to have the headlights on too. i want to be able to use fogs and running lights.

Yeah it is right there... for the trucks that already have fogs. Have you been able to find one on a truck that didn't come with fogs from the factory, because my truck did not have them from the factory and I couldn't find it... As for leaving them on with different lights, that's an easy fix.

Latest posts

Members online