Fog light wiring question

08Monster

Reaction score
Alright, I ordered some new HD bumpers for my truck, and am ditching the factory fogs for 2 LED cubes on each side. They each draw 17 watts, so 34 per side, factory fog bulbs are 35. These numbers are used later. Now, the question is, how can I wire these new LED cubes into my factory fog switch, hopefully even using the stock wiring and harness? I was thinking about taking apart the factory bulbs and just exposing the 2 ends of wire, connecting the LED cubes onto them and "resealing" it so I can use the factory plug in for my aftermarket fogs, so if I need to remove the bumper I can just unplug them and pull the bumper off. Are you following me? Has anyone ever done this? Share thoughts and help me see what I can come up with. If you need more explanation, let me know! Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Brody_nr

Reaction score
Just wire them up to the fog light wires by cutting the plugs off and youll be perfectly fine thats how I did mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Brody_nr

Reaction score
And it works when I turn on my fogs just like normal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
But I'd like to be able to unplug them. Like if I needed to pull the bumper off for some reason, I'd like to be able to unplug them like factory bulbs so I don't always have to be cutting and resplicing the wire.

kjdavis

Reaction score
KD Fabworks makes adapter harnesses to plug a LED cube with Deutsch connecter into the factory H10 foglight wiring.... Plug-and-play

08Monster

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was looking for! Do you know if I can buy just the plug and wire it myself so I can save a few bucks??

travisH3

Reaction score
I have a set of plugs that came with my HID kits that i didnt use that you can splice your lights into them and then plug them into your original fog light wiring. you can have them if you pay for shipping and a little bit of fuel money for me to drive into town. let me know if you want them

08Monster

Reaction score
I already ordered some. Thanks tho!

Latest posts

Members online