fog lights with high beams

twitch02x

Reaction score
Any body know a way to do this with out using up fitters switches like maybe a quick jumper on head light switch or something

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Running the fogs with the high beams will actually decrease your eyes ability to see farther. I'm sure some will disagree but when your have all that bright light directly in front of the vehicle it causes your eyes to focus on it. This makes it harder to see longer distances. Take it for what it's worth but I wouldn't do it. A nice retrofit would go a long ways for getting more light on the road properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neverkickn

Reaction score
Running the fogs with the high beams will actually decrease your eyes ability to see farther. I'm sure some will disagree but when your have all that bright light directly in front of the vehicle it causes your eyes to focus on it. This makes it harder to see longer distances. Take it for what it's worth but I wouldn't do it. A nice retrofit would go a long ways for getting more light on the road properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has been my personal experience too. There is a good reason that auto manufacturers design the lighting so that the fogs dip out when the high beams are activated. The foreground glare really does reduce long range vision.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
The reason most manufacturers do this is vehicles with separate high and low beams will both stay on when the high is engaged. Well legally, you can only have 4 lights on the front of your vehicle. Thus having the fogs on as well would be 6 lights and illegal.

I did this mod on my last truck because I had a retro set of headlights and only needed lots of light when there was nobody else around to care how many I had on at one time.

It just takes a relay. One wire taps into the positive on the drivers side fogs, one wire taps into the drivers side high beam wire. Power and ground your relay and that's all there is too it.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
The reason most manufacturers do this is vehicles with separate high and low beams will both stay on when the high is engaged. Well legally, you can only have 4 lights on the front of your vehicle. Thus having the fogs on as well would be 6 lights and illegal.

I did this mod on my last truck because I had a retro set of headlights and only needed lots of light when there was nobody else around to care how many I had on at one time.

It just takes a relay. One wire taps into the positive on the drivers side fogs, one wire taps into the drivers side high beam wire. Power and ground your relay and that's all there is too it.

Awsome thanks!

Latest posts

Members online