FoMoCo get it together.

swinky

Reaction score
If it helps my 60k truck is sitting in the garage as we speak and it has never had any thing heavy at all in the bed not a scratch in it. But it still sits level kinda weird i no..
You should go pull some stuff so it doesn't break.

Jgon08

Reaction score
You should go pull some stuff so it doesn't break.

I no right, I just don't get how these trucks are meant to be tore up used can mean a lot of things. I use mine to pull a few trailers here and there but not tear up at all. Ohwell I guess to each his own.

KingStroker

Reaction score
I no right, I just don't get how these trucks are meant to be tore up used can mean a lot of things. I use mine to pull a few trailers here and there but not tear up at all. Ohwell I guess to each his own.

Well said. I do use my truck for what it was designed to do, most of my miles have the gooseneck following. If I wanted a show truck, after the 65k mark I wouldn't have stopped with a 4" on 35s.
The thread topic was answered long ago, lets all move on.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Another thing for the OCD ones is the bed not being perfectly lined up with the cab. I had my line-x done and some how they shifted the bed a little bit and told me there was no adjustment at all in the bolts. Took it to my local body shop and showed them and they lined it up for me.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^^ haha, Ive noticed that also. There is some adjustment and I need to get under mine also.

Tolerance stack in a complicated assembly and mass produced vehicles produces this all the time. In my career of selling parts to heavy truck mfgrs, Ive seen so much of this stuff that I don't think about it any more.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I can't find a peterbilt one that sits level! Lol. They are now also making the soccer dad versions of peterbilt tipping in around $150k+. Still have a lean!! Lol

sniper_101

Reaction score
Driver-side lean has been an issue on all the SD's and even in the Rangers.

Driver, fuel (tank, pump, lines), brakes (booster, pedal, lines), steering (box, shaft, column), electrical (PCM, engine harness, fuse panels, light harnesses), and the transfer case hanging out on the driver side... easy to see why it's an issue.

KingStroker

Reaction score
Driver-side lean has been an issue on all the SD's and even in the Rangers.

Driver, fuel (tank, pump, lines), brakes (booster, pedal, lines), steering (box, shaft, column), electrical (PCM, engine harness, fuse panels, light harnesses), and the transfer case hanging out on the driver side... easy to see why it's an issue.

Along with the reduced weight on the passenger side of the deleted trucks, also.
I had never given any thought to all that you listed being on the driver's side.

TyCorr

Reaction score
To be fair, I tried a 3/4 ton ford last summer not a 3500. It was azz to the ground with only my loaded enclosed trailer(about 8klbs). Thats not allowing the 1k lbs of crap that HAS to be loaded in the bed too. Perhaps a 3500 would have made all the difference but I went with a gm 3500 and the suspension is spot on. It just touches the front of the overload and thats it. I dont personally favor the gm product but my dad was telling me his 11 sagged pretty bad even with an empty gn. His new truck isnt better, its worse.

I still want to try a super duty 6.7 but ive only got 35k on my new truck and it will probanly be a few more years before im looking again.

Are you guys with one tons/overloads noticing leaning issues?

KingStroker

Reaction score
I would guess my complete dpf weighed about 100-150lbs with all the electrical harness, and def junk included..

Might not cause a lean issue, but it could definitely contribute to the high side of a leaning truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
To be fair, I tried a 3/4 ton ford last summer not a 3500. It was azz to the ground with only my loaded enclosed trailer(about 8klbs). Thats not allowing the 1k lbs of crap that HAS to be loaded in the bed too. Perhaps a 3500 would have made all the difference but I went with a gm 3500 and the suspension is spot on. It just touches the front of the overload and thats it. I dont personally favor the gm product but my dad was telling me his 11 sagged pretty bad even with an empty gn. His new truck isnt better, its worse.

I still want to try a super duty 6.7 but ive only got 35k on my new truck and it will probanly be a few more years before im looking again.

Are you guys with one tons/overloads noticing leaning issues?
not yet
I would guess my complete dpf weighed about 100-150lbs with all the electrical harness, and def junk included..

Might not cause a lean issue, but it could definitely contribute to the high side of a leaning truck.
i doubt they weigh 100lbs. you need to man up a lil.. lol.... its more awkward then it is heavy..

live life full throttle

KingStroker

Reaction score
I could definitely man up a little. Lol I guess doing it alone made it seem a bit heavier than it is.
Or the Soot from a couple weeks of max efforts before the deletes! LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
not yet

i doubt they weigh 100lbs. you need to man up a lil.. lol.... its more awkward then it is heavy..

live life full throttle
i spoke to soon.. just happen to look at the truck today while it was sitting at our showup and i noticed it was leaning so tonight when i got it to the hotel parking lot where the pavement is level i snapped a couple pictures. not the best lighting but i think you can see it. full ta k of fuel and my toolbox has a good hundred lbs of tools on the drivers side... ..
0eef929771407a801f3c2eb2116282b7.jpg
ea3c78bccfe041dadb359bd7c5a18b31.jpg

I could definitely man up a little. Lol I guess doing it alone made it seem a bit heavier than it is.
Or the Soot from a couple weeks of max efforts before the deletes! LOL
lol. yeah that might help..

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Everyone loves a cali lean to the rear.... what's wrong with a little side lean...

Maybe it will catch on and people will be leaning there trucks on purpose, you know like leaning to one side of the seat when driving one handed at the 12 o'clock position. LOL

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Everyone loves a cali lean to the rear.... what's wrong with a little side lean...

Maybe it will catch on and people will be leaning there trucks on purpose, you know like leaning to one side of the seat when driving one handed at the 12 o'clock position. LOL

It's been caught on for a while, but its usually an 88 accord with a 400lb guy driving

cbf9703

Reaction score

I've never understood the popularity of the Cali lean to the rear... the super cool high school kids do it here.

Latest posts

Members online