Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Oil Leak: Turbo Pedestal Seal Replacement

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Now these are one of the most common oil leak spots on the 7.3L. While it may look buried they are actually the second easiest turbo to remove in the powerstroke family, In this video I walk you through the procedure to replace the turbo pedestal seals and get that leak stopped the right way. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJgHeKvI9I

co04cobra

Reaction score
I'll agree the 6.0s are the easiest. Once you have done several 7.3s I don't think there is much time difference.

I would have fixed those leaking up pipes and resealed the plenums while the turbo was out on truck in the vid.

6.4 turbos with cab on = not so much fun..

ghohouston

Reaction score
6.0 is a big PITA to me, unless that back bolt by the downpipe is gone.

On the late turbo's, there's nothing to it. 6" 3/8 extension, medium deep or short 6 point 10mm socket, set the extension and socket in place on the bolt, put your ratchet over the downpipe, doesn't take but a minute, unless you have giant arms or hands I suppose

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've done lots of them. Still not a fan because of the few that were rounded or seized etc. Very hard to access.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had one bad experience, with an 03 style. The side bolt on the pedestal was rounded off, and took an air hammer to get it off. That was kind of awful. I hear you though

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Very early in my career the 03/04 turbos killed me. One I even had to torch the pedestal leg off.... Now not so much, off in minutes.

7.3's suck cause trying to break the clamp loose, that's the only bad thing. And with stock collector it's a pita aligning it.

Latest posts

Members online