ford command start problem

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
my truck came with a ford command start when I bought it so I have a manual and everything....just recently when you try and start it with the remote it just honks at you 3 times, I looked in the manual and says a door or hood is open? nothing is open would it just be a sensor gone somewhere? everything else works just the no start.

any help be awesome thanks!

Last edited:

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Is your dome light off with all the doors closed?

Also look on the bottom side of the hood and make sure there is a little silver cylinder attached to the hood. Will likely be by the drivers side hinge.

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
Is your dome light off with all the doors closed?

Also look on the bottom side of the hood and make sure there is a little silver cylinder attached to the hood. Will likely be by the drivers side hinge.

ya its off, but I do have a led light in there would that make a difference? yes it is attached to the hood still. I noticed to the light in my dash doesn't blink anymore either when its locked up.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Is it a single button? Like this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373647701.806969.jpg

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
remote looks like this....also I took the little metal sensor off my hood and sounds like there is a ball rolling back and fourth in there is that normal? is there a way to test it?

Attachments

• ecn13_acc_remote200.jpg
    ecn13_acc_remote200.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Members online