Ford IDS

Magnetic 2016 f250

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a fleabay ford IDS scan software for my 2016 F-250. I've seen several people's post who have had success with these. The reason For purchasing this is because I need my ford remote access enabled. First I have to enable the factory remote start I installed, then I will need to call the dealer (popular eBay seller) I purchased it from, to get me set up with their PTS account and I should be set.

My dealer I bought this truck from wants $120.00 just to do this. The last time I had something similar done it was $60.00.

So for $90.00 I can do this (partially) myself and if I need anything else in the future I should be good.

If I pull the trigger and buy this and use it on my truck, will this possibly void my warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It will not void your warranty. You may want to check on how much the license is for the ids. I think my boss pays 500 per quarter or something like that per ids in the shop to renew them. Dont know how much the update dvds are if they are still doing them...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Anyone having Testman errors with Windows 10 update? I told my boss I did not want W10 and now all IDS does is lock up

Reaction score
I run it with Windows 8.1 and it's like an overly emotional girlfriend. After about the 2 second truck of the day I have to restart my laptop to make the VCM talk to it.

OP, be careful with the ebay ones. Ford did an update last year that won't let you license them and it won't connect to your truck.

JRLott

Reaction score
Ummm...yeah...what they said...I guess. You need to be more active in your post count OP. I don't care where you post or wtf you blabber about, just post.

Magnetic 2016 f250

Reaction score
Ummm...yeah...what they said...I guess. You need to be more active in your post count OP. I don't care where you post or wtf you blabber about, just post.

I work 7 days a week so I'm not one of those guys like you who stare at their phone 8 hours a day sorry. I post when I have a legit question and I try not to talk about dumb sh$t so kiss my a$$. I have posted this on a couple forums to get some feedback quickly because I'm looking to get a quick response because I'm heading south for over a week in 3 weeks on vacation and I wanted to get this resolved. You can go blab on to get your post count up else where and don't bother posting anything on my topics as I can tell you have no Fing idea what you are talking about and you are no help!

Thanks to everyone else for the help! I have purchased this and I will report back.

Zmann

Reaction score
Problem is your asking about buying a Ford IDS but your really talking about a clone

so your getting mixed results and the occasional shmart as.s

Last edited:

Magnetic 2016 f250

Reaction score
Read some of his posts and they are pointless. Number one answer is (yeah....what they said).

I don't tolerate stupidity very well I'm sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I work 7 days a week so I'm not one of those guys like you who stare at their phone 8 hours a day sorry. I post when I have a legit question and I try not to talk about dumb sh$t so kiss my a$$. I have posted this on a couple forums to get some feedback quickly because I'm looking to get a quick response because I'm heading south for over a week in 3 weeks on vacation and I wanted to get this resolved. You can go blab on to get your post count up else where and don't bother posting anything on my topics as I can tell you have no Fing idea what you are talking about and you are no help!

Thanks to everyone else for the help! I have purchased this and I will report back.

Hey dumbas$..all he was doing was saying he liked your avatar...

Zmann

Reaction score
Ahh I get it he wanted you to keep posting so He could keep seeing that fine assatar

i mean Avatar

JRLott

Reaction score
then what the hell are you doing here ?

LOL

What he said. If you don't like fvck off. I was only posting to encourage you to post so I could look at your fvck ing avatar. A sense of humor would help a lot. Might head to Wally World to see if they're on sale. Bye.

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I kinda got he was wanting to see that avatarass some more too! Niceeee. But as with above I'm not sure about buying off eBay. I'm sure it's ok or people wouldn't buy it though. Just depends if it connects to your truck. Next option is find someone local with it. I have a hot shot/used car dealer buddy that has it and he brought it over to me tonight to use for awhile! Happy me haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.