Ford Power Steering Pump Teflon Seal Install

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Now this has been discussed before and I have gotten many questions on just what is the best way to put on that tight Teflon seal on the power steering line without ruining it. I had one recently and decided to make a video on it to answer the question once and for all. This applies to almost all Ford models where the line connects to the power steering pump and the hydro boost too for the Diesels. I hope this helps, no special tools required!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImEbOb2bEbk

birdmayon

Reaction score
As always, good vid. I just did one of these seals this weekend. Tossed the seal in hot water, then cut out approximately2"x2" piece of flexible plastic out of a blueberry container, rolled it into a slight cone with one end big enough to go over the threads on the fitting, and the o ring slid right on, super easy.

Gary

Reaction score
Another good video, use guys probably already know this but you in case anybody needs to buy that O-ring you can get them at most parts stores in the "help" line, and that's not the kind of line you stand in for help, lol

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Another good video, use guys probably already know this but you in case anybody needs to buy that O-ring you can get them at most parts stores in the "help" line, and that's not the kind of line you stand in for help, lol

Dealers carry them onsite too right in the front, like $2 and it will be the perfect size. They come in packs of 8 or 10 so we always have an open bag onsite for sales.

Latest posts

Members online