Ford uvch issues

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with ford uvch's? I bought my first set and within a month they leaked oil at the connectors. Got a parts warranty and put two more on, now these are leaking 2 weeks later. I work at a dealership so there cheaper for me but getting tired of replaceing them. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Are you meaning that the valvecover gaskets are leaking at the connections? Generally if replacing any of the connections due to melted/burned connectors (either internal or external), you should replace the gasket as well as the burned scorched pins have caused enough heat to melt the plastic of the VC gasket (where oil can leak by the pins). If you have replaced the gasket and it's leaking you need to find out why it keeps happening (shorted glow plug, high resistance connections, etc). Cheers!

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Yeah iv replaced both gasketts twice and the undervalvecover harnesses once. It also has new glow plugs in it and a new glow plug relay but i dont see that being the problem.lol Everytime i take it apart the connectors look great inside and out, just oily.

Latest posts

Members online