Found a bolt

bakerc167

Reaction score
I found a bolt sittin on top of my turbo today. I remember reading something about one that falls out, any one have any insight into this?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I hate when that happens.

LOL LOL

Idk man, just look around in the general area and see if you have any bolts missing or try to see what kind of bolt it looks like, maybe you can find the general area that it belongs in and figure out where it goes.

bakerc167

Reaction score
Well im gonna pull the turbo today an but the wicked wheel in. I just thought i remember reading something about a bolt commonly falling out an being found on top of the turbo.

norcaldiesel

Reaction score
Well im gonna pull the turbo today an but the wicked wheel in. I just thought i remember reading something about a bolt commonly falling out an being found on top of the turbo.

There's four bolts that hold the turbine housing on the center section. They have been known to back out. They're very recognizable by looking at the crown or top. They should have a 12 point head and are about 1 - 1.5 inches long. There's not too many bolts that could back out and be found at that height.

bakerc167

Reaction score
Exactly what they where 3 out of the 4 had backed them selves out an the fourth was loose. I put some lock tite on them an tighten them up real good. Any one got any tips for puttin the turbo back in? I ran out of light tonight so ill finish it up tomorrow. Never pulled a turbo before didnt go to bad couple clamps where stuck on pretty good but nothin a pry bar an hammer couldnt fix. Oh yeah an the previous owner but the banks ported exhaust housing on it I realized today, what does that do? is that like a 1.0 housing?

bakerc167

Reaction score
any one got any tips on puttin the clamp back on the manifold by the firewall, its giving me a hard time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Get the clamp sorta tight but loose enough you can still push the t bolt out of its collar. Put the downpipe and turbine outlet flange together. Put the clamp over the connection, put the tbolt back in the collar and hold it with your left hand. Use your left hand thumb to guide the socket onto the nut. Tighten with your right hand while holding with the left until tight. Each finger is assigned a task versus the whole hand. LOL

Arisley

Reaction score
Oh, and loctite wont hold those bolts in. Loctite is only good to 600º, that turbo gets a tad bit warmer than that. Cross drill the bolt heads and safety wire them in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.