Friend needs help with 6.4 puking coolant

Milford

Reaction score
Ok just talked to him and he said its a slight leak up by the radiator area. He jas a blackmaxx o. It I think . Sorry I dont know jack about these things.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I just deleted my egr and coolers after the lower cooler started leaking. I think if it's an external leak to look at rad and coolers.

hardrock_f350

Reaction score
i've been through a round of leaks, three weeks ago i replaced the outlet heater hose, last week i replaced the upper radiator hose, and now i believe the radiator is starting to leak. i cant see it yet but i can smell it around the left side of the radiator. what luck.................

cory151

Reaction score
Its gonna keep "making leaks" until whatever is causing the pressure increase in the cooling system, is corrected. If its head gaskets or EGR I dont know but I do know that he factory cap vents at 16psi, I assume thats where its puking from.

Motostroker

Reaction score
My truck only puked after 16 pounds of boost, which is the coolant cap rating. Boost was pressuring the coolant causing it to puke. Blown HG

WoodBoy

Reaction score
My truck only puked after 16 pounds of boost, which is the coolant cap rating. Boost was pressuring the coolant causing it to puke. Blown HG

If your truck puked after 16lbs of boost you didnt have blown headgaskets, you had no headgaskets

Motostroker

Reaction score
haha, ill post a pic of it later. blown in a couple spots. 200k miles and she waved goodbye for sure.

Reaction score
My truck went into the shop I had a ECT sensor reading 254 degress and it ws stuck on it anf then all of a sudden it would go back to normal level. Took it in and got the sensor replaced and pressure tested the radiator and it hardly held any pressure. Getting a new radiator in now. Anyone know how you got it covered under warranty? I asked my mechanic and he said that it cant be covered? If threre is any way for it to be covered I would love to know. I really dont want to know what the bill is going ot be for this little shop trip.

Thanks.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Just did the radiator on my 450. Price here (Canada) was 900 for just the radiator. Three hours of labor and some coolant and the bill was 1200 before taxes. Mine started leaking after egr delete.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Three hours is pretty reasonable labor. We used to get 2.7 to do them under warranty.

You got good at them quick though. I was doing 7-10 a week when the 08's hit the road.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
That's why I went to the dealer with it. I figured they had it down to a science.

Latest posts

Members online