From Cummins to Powerstroke

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Im Jon from NE South Dakota. Just sold my 2005 cummins and have been wanting a new 6.7 ford for awhile. Ended up buying a 2017 f350 lariat this morning. I'll post a picture tonight when I get a chance to take one. Plans for it are as follows.

Dechrome, PTM the bumpers, door handles, fender emblems, and grill.
Debadge
Tint the windows
Level the front end with an actual suspension level and not a spacer
Different wheels
Full ******s
Either a fass or a airdog
Some sort of tuning, from what iv read, probably ezlynk.

I am open to suggestions or opinions on all of this.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Welcome, the factory lpfp seems to feed plenty for these trucks and air dog's and Fass systems don't seem to hold up very well.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
The main reason I plan on doing a lift pump is to have spin on filters, a good water seperator. From what Iv gathered, the factory setup doesn't have a seperator? I also recall on my cousin's 6.0 he had, the factory fuel filters were ungodly expensive compared to a spin on.

I had issues with the airdog 2 165gph on my dodge, burnt out 3 motors, then I figured out that I didn't have my regulator set right, had it set for 35psi instead of the 15psi that a common rail requires. After that it was great.

08Monster

Reaction score
The main reason I plan on doing a lift pump is to have spin on filters, a good water seperator. From what Iv gathered, the factory setup doesn't have a seperator? I also recall on my cousin's 6.0 he had, the factory fuel filters were ungodly expensive compared to a spin on.

I had issues with the airdog 2 165gph on my dodge, burnt out 3 motors, then I figured out that I didn't have my regulator set right, had it set for 35psi instead of the 15psi that a common rail requires. After that it was great.
The primary fuel filter is a water separator also. About $60 for primary and secondary filters from Amazon I believe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
The primary fuel filter is a water separator also. About $60 for primary and secondary filters from Amazon I believe.

That's a lot cheaper than I thought. I thought he said it was like $200 to change filters on his 6leaker. What's the factory micron rating on them? They are a element style correct? I suppose I could research a lot of these questions, I just figured while we are on the subject.

What's out there for tuning options for the '17? I would imagine the same as the '16?

08Monster

Reaction score
That's a lot cheaper than I thought. I thought he said it was like $200 to change filters on his 6leaker. What's the factory micron rating on them? They are a element style correct? I suppose I could research a lot of these questions, I just figured while we are on the subject.

What's out there for tuning options for the '17? I would imagine the same as the '16?
No tuning options yet. If they 17s are the same as previous years, the primary is a element style, and the secondary is actually an entire housing with quick connects that you replace entirely. I couldn't even tell you the micron ratings.

Brian22

Reaction score
The dealerships will charge $250+ to change fuel filters. Highway robbery for a job that takes just a few minutes.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
post pictures of the new 17! might be a little while before you can get some solid tuning and ****** options for the truck.

Call Mike at No Limit Fab

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Literally the only 2 pictures I have of it.
BF42B010-0F23-4ABE-B54A-905922FF923D_zpszvpgihiy.jpg
"]
BF42B010-0F23-4ABE-B54A-905922FF923D_zpszvpgihiy.jpg
[/URL]
05F57798-1E6B-4061-81C2-ABF86279538D_zpsxqloph8s.jpg
"]
05F57798-1E6B-4061-81C2-ABF86279538D_zpsxqloph8s.jpg
[/URL]

Latest posts

Members online