Front Axle rotation question

tmillburg

Reaction score
so, when i put my rough country lift on. i didnt know that you had to trim the radius arm so you could mount the arm in the correct location for the 3 inch setup. so i obviously put it in the bottom hole. since then i have had it aligned and needless to say it wasnt cheap. So i plan on correcting my error and doing it the correct way which will rotate my axle forward. will there be a need to realign? thanks

reference to picture 4 for trimming example.

http://www.roughcountry.com/install/509s.pdf

Lang

Reaction score
Ya your getting ripped. Just got it done today... $95

6.0Dually

Reaction score
Do you guys usually go to ford for alignment or any regular suspension shop?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tmillburg

Reaction score
Well if you think about it. If you add up parts which includes tierod end caster sleeve, plus all the labor, plus the cost of the alignment iam sure the rates are competitive.

Translated from Morse Code

Aaron S

Reaction score
If they aligned it the way you have it. Why not leave it that way?

Did they actually change out the cams on the upper balljoints? If they did then it may need to be realigned.

tmillburg

Reaction score
If they aligned it the way you have it. Why not leave it that way?

Did they actually change out the cams on the upper balljoints? If they did then it may need to be realigned.

the axle was rotated to far back, put un-needed stress on shock bushings, drag link and trac bar joints. the pinion angle was off too. i fixed it today. there is no pulling, or wondering we will see if it need anything

ford rules

Reaction score
All that it will effect is caster, and pinion angle as you already said. I assume your just talking about moving the frame mount end of the radius arm up or down in the correct hole? I wouldn't worry about it really, you can check it yourself with an angle finder but you can't change it anyways.
The kit should have the geometry worked out so it's correct anyways.

Latest posts

Members online