Front End Shot Need Help

Ragu9000

Reaction score
just picked this truck up with 60k. 2011 ccsb KR with black carpet. just deleted and tuned it last week and couldnt be happier.

drives well and straight, but twice ive got terrible wobble on the highway and needed to slow down to about 30 to make it stop. also hitting small bumps doing about 50mph gets a little shaky/wobbley, can feel it shake in the wheel. any thoughts? heard the front ends are not made very well and need replacing at about 60k.

Also where would you get OE parts or any front end related parts from? I Heard there is a guy on here who gives good deals on ford parts.

Thanks

screenshot20130423at452.png

Last edited:

alwil

Reaction score
just picked this truck up with 60k. 2011 ccsb KR with black carpet. just deleted and tuned it last week and couldnt be happier.

drives well and straight, but twice ive got terrible wobble on the highway and needed to slow down to about 30 to make it stop. any thoughts? heard the front ends are not made very well and need replacing at about 60k.

Also where would you get OE parts from? I Heard there is a guy on here who gives good deals on ford parts.

Thanks

screenshot20130423at452.png

Thats a nice looking truck, is the steering stabilizer (sp?) leaking oil?
My 06 did the same thing and it turned out the stabilizer was shot.

Ragu9000

Reaction score
Thats a nice looking truck, is the steering stabilizer (sp?) leaking oil?
My 06 did the same thing and it turned out the stabilizer was shot.

the actual stabalizer shock or the joint at the end

uga33

Reaction score
heard the front ends are not made very well and need replacing at about 60k.

Heard wrong. This ain't a Dodge. Death wobble can be common on straight axle trucks if parts are loose or worn. My death wobble on my 06 went away when I put some beefier tires on it. My 09 has had zero instances of death wobble. Good advice mentioned above. Very nice truck by the way.

Ragu9000

Reaction score
thank you all for the kind words

just purchased a new ball joint and bushing end for the track bar. will try that first. if not then its a new stabilizer shock

scparrish

Reaction score
the steering box has absolutely zero effect on death wobble. a steering stabilizer can not cause death wobble but it can mask death wobble. death wobble is caused by worn joints or bushings tie rod ends, ball joints, radius arm bushings, track bar joints, all things that can actually lead to death wobble.

Latest posts

Members online