• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

FS '97 ECLB F250

PsRumors

Reaction score
My dad bought this truck new and I bought it from him in 2010 with 107k. No rust, no wrecks though I did have a right front tire blow causing the fender to have to be repainted. Interior is in good shape and overall a very good truck. The tailgate needs some work

You can see from my sig what has been done to the truck. The e-fuel uses a SD pump and is a regulated return type system. The D60 was regeared from 4.11 to 3.55 with Ford gears and a TrueTrac. The BTS trans has 20k miles on it and was tuned for stage 2 injectors though I never got around to installing injectors. A B&W gooseneck roll over hitch is in the bed in anticipation of a trailer but never used it.

I have nearly every receipt for every dollar spent on the truck. The truck was bought 10 miles up the road from me and has been in Georgia and Alabama all its life.

The bad;

I had to add a can of freon to the AC at the beginning of the summer. That was a first but it blew cold all summer with no issues

When the D60 was installed I installed all new bushings and Napa Chassis parts (life time warranty) steering components and a F350 drop pitman arm. The steering a still a little lose so I believe it needs a steering box. No leaks just more play in the wheel than should be there

That is all I can think of at the moment.

I am going to sell the truck even if I have to list it on e-bay at no reserve so don't be shy with offers. I have a VW TDI I am selling back to VW and with the money from there and the money from this truck I am buying me a much newer gas truck.

I'd like $12k - The fuel tank / tool box is not included

Attachments

• IMG_20161118_173600057_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161118_173600057_HDR.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20161118_173623175_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161118_173623175_HDR.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20161118_173614791.jpg
    IMG_20161118_173614791.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
That truck was $35k back in 97' and people complain about today's truck prices!?

Glws! It's a clean one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
that is what I'm dealing with. I was thinking of selling my '96 but I don't know if I can live with myself if I do.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Truck has been sold. Sure going to miss it

that is what I'm dealing with. I was thinking of selling my '96 but I don't know if I can live with myself if I do.
I'm about to put my OBS (that I said I'd never sell) up for sale before the end of the year. A Lot of blood, sweat, tears, and joy with it. But it's time and I've come to that realization. At some point you have to call a spade a spade. It just doesn't stack up to the newer ones, no matter what you do to their interiors, motors, or suspensions.

I'll always love it and will miss certain things about it, but it's time to move on...

PsRumors

Reaction score

I think the wife is kicking me more than I am. Of course she is very sentimental and is not happy that I sold my dad's truck....she doesn't get it that it wasn't that important to him due to the fact he sold it

I'm about to put my OBS (that I said I'd never sell) up for sale before the end of the year. A Lot of blood, sweat, tears, and joy with it. But it's time and I've come to that realization. At some point you have to call a spade a spade. It just doesn't stack up to the newer ones, no matter what you do to their interiors, motors, or suspensions.

I'll always love it and will miss certain things about it, but it's time to move on...

I went with a F150 ecoboost and so far it does everything my OBS did, only better.....except for burning diesel

The OBS trucks are great, a timeless classic but they can't hold a candle to the new trucks. It's nice to be able to pull through a drive thru LOL

I'm wondering if I don't just hang on to it, period.

After getting the truck buffed and waxed along with a good interior detail I came very close to putting it back in the shop and putting a cover over it but I figured 10 years from now, it would still be worth between $10k and $15k and the dollar itself would be worth a lot less.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I still have my OBS along with the '16.....drive it more than the '16. Don't sell it, it's paid for. The only cost is that you just need to insure it.

Billy T.
[email protected]
Yeah if I was financing the purchase of a newer one, then I couldn't agree more to your statement. Hands down keep the older one. But I'm paying cash for newer truck so there will be no payment. Sure annual tags, registration, insurance will be higher, but no payment. That's why I'm selling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.