Fuel Bowl Delete and Stock Pump

Agjake11

Reaction score
So trying to get the last details setup before the truck goes to PSE. ive got Dozers Regulated return with fuel bowl delete and planning to stay with the stock pump for now.

couple questions, the kit has a t fitting for the feed lines to the heads and im assuming that the stock feed line to the fuel bowl isnt an an male fitting. so what adapter is needed to go from the stock line to the T fitting?

The next thing is im still going back and forth on where and how to add an extra filter with the fuel bowl being deleted. If im having to adapt the stock line from the OEM HFCM to the T fitting it seems that it might just be easiest to get a hardline to braided adapter and then just run braided line to the filter and then from the filter to the t Fitting.

the other option would be running the hardline adapter to the inlet side of the HFCM and having a filter pre pump. this would require cutting the stock hard line to add the filter or it would involve adding a sump with braided line to the filter and then the hardline adapter

or is this extra filter not necessarily needed? Looking for advice/suggestions as getting these last few things ordered are the main only things left before it heads over to dorians

Adapter in question

http://www.anplumbing.com/search/index?yt0.x=0&yt0.y=0&yt0=submit&search_text=165006

Agjake11

Reaction score
T fitting

c6c0b285.jpg

28be5966.jpg

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
that will work just fine but I like the black jegs offers http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/110551/10002/-1?parentProductId=756885

I also had bad luck fitting his return line fitting to my stock return line, it was a hardline flare fitting not a compression hardline fitting, but I made it work! What does yours use?

I would add another filter for sure, but its hard to find a spot to fit one in post pump. Putting a low micron filter pre oem pump may strain the pump. I would do a sump and a cat filter and it should work fine.

Agjake11

Reaction score
that will work just fine but I like the black jegs offers http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/110551/10002/-1?parentProductId=756885

I also had bad luck fitting his return line fitting to my stock return line, it was a hardline flare fitting not a compression hardline fitting, but I made it work! What does yours use?

I would add another filter for sure, but its hard to find a spot to fit one in post pump. Putting a low micron filter pre oem pump may strain the pump. I would do a sump and a cat filter and it should work fine.

Black should work, was thinking of doing blue line and black fitting where i could on my amsoil bypass.

ill grab a pic of the return line parts i have but seems ill need a fitting there too probably

Agjake11

Reaction score
I'll get some photos tomorrow of mine. that should work though

Look forward to it

Definitely go with the jegs fitting if going onto hard lines

looks like ill get my heads back next monday and that will give me some time to order these fittings and a sump most likely unless you can get them somewhere local or a better deal than i can. seems like sump to filter and then hardline adapter to stock pump might be our best bet for now since itll just involve swapping the stuff post filter when i change the pump later.

MorganY

Reaction score
9d274d92.jpg

459c74e3.jpg

5971fc7c.jpg

ab6bea4c.jpg

Don't hate, I was in a rush to get my truck running again, so I got everything at a hydro shop. the yellow 1/4" x 6an push lock fitting is the return, the red -8AN male is the feed splitting off into -5 and -6 for the feeds to each cylinder.

The 't' fitting is a 6 ORB T with 2 90 degree 6ORBx -6AN and 6ORBx -5AN (drivers side fuel feed is a -5AN)

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
return line

17ec8218.jpg

fe190393.jpg

yup thats what mine was, a sleeved fitting, it needs a flare to work. I wasnt thinking because it was late when I did that fitting, tightened it down all the way and it leaked fuel and I could pull the line right out. Youll need to flare the stock return line its no big deal, just wanted to inform you before hand.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Thanks man. Every bit helps. So hardline to an adapter for the feed and then flare the return and I should be good there and I'll just sack up and replace the pre stock pump setup with the sump and braided line with filter to another hardline adapter to fit the stock pump.

I'll need the 3/8 to -6an hardline adapter for the inlet side of the stock pump so should I just stick with 3/8 line or is 1/2 desired down the road? I could alwas do 1/2" to the filter then short section of 3/8" after to the pump inlet which could be changed out later.

Also will the cat 2 micron filter going to put too much strain on the stock pump?

Agjake11

Reaction score
1/2" from tank to filter and then 3/8 to stock pump then? Unless going form the 3/8 to-6an hardline adapter could be used with 1/2" line.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Stock return line does not need to be flared for that compression fitting to seal

windrunner408

Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine. I used all summit racing fittings and hoses except for the 90* fittings at the heads, which are earl's M12x1.5 male with a 6an male thread. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMAG0361.jpg
    IMAG0361.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0364.jpg
    IMAG0364.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

MorganY

Reaction score
1/2" from tank to filter and then 3/8 to stock pump then? Unless going form the 3/8 to-6an hardline adapter could be used with 1/2" line.

Vulcanperformance.com has the 3/8" quick connect x 1/2" hose barb fitting for the Feed. That's what I'm running now. If my airdog fails, I can throw in a stock pump and my new lines will all snap into place with the stock pump ends.

Agjake11

Reaction score

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the easiest thing to do would be to let me make a -6 hose from the t to the front of the heads to another 3/8 compression fitting to use the factory hard stainless line feeding the fuel bowl.