fuel bowl line will not seal

dsberman94

Reaction score
i pulled my fuel bowl off a while back and i did buy the viton sleeve from riffraff for when i put the line back on. No matter what i do i cannot get the top driver side fitting to seal properly. even without the truck running it has a steady drip and i get a decent puddle of fuel under the truck when i park at night. i cannot get the return line to seal. any hints or tricks, i think im going to just order a 6637 kit and a couple new sleeves, but i wanted to hear if there were any tricks that i might be missing first.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You sure you got all of the old seal out? How are the threads on the line? Sure there isn't a crack?

dsberman94

Reaction score
old seal is definitely all out. i was able to look in with a small flex shaft mirror and saw all brass. the threads on the bowl look ok, i have a replacement one of the bowl side if needed and ill try it when i get a temperature where my hands and face arent numb within minutes of being exposed. can't tell how the brass fitting threads are though. ill try looking in again in case i missed a piece of the old one somehow. definitely no cracks but i thought i may have felt it jump threads once, which is the reason i tracked down a new bowl side regulator piece. i think that would strip before the brass but i could be wrong, didnt see any brass shavings at least

Arisley

Reaction score
If you over tighten those sleeves, they leak. In a pinch, you can make a sleeve out of a piece of fuel hose. Cut a thin slice of one.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ok, well I loosened it up today and from what I can remember when I put the sleeve on is that the ends weren't smooth or flared at all like I've heard they are. The ends of mine are rounded, rough, and not a smooth cut on either end. Is there any way I can smooth it out to see if it'll fit? Maybe shave some material off the ends with a razor blade, or would that make it too short then? Might as well just order a couple new ones. I definitely don't have any fuel line without buying it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I haven't touched it since the last time I posted in here and it has stopped on its own. Not sure why or how but I guess I can only revisit this when / if it starts leaking again.