Fuel Filter advise

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Yes, use a different cap usually. This has been discussed 9 million times. Buy ford filters with the ford cap.

06redf250

Reaction score
Yes, use a different cap usually. This has been discussed 9 million times. Buy ford filters with the ford cap.

Sorry, new here. is the napa filter bad? I googled it and someone mentioned they noticed lower fuel pressure. but I don't know if that is true, and if it was a stock fuel system like mine.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
that is the Oil. I use motocraft oil filters, but i'm talking about the fuel filters, and I know there is a difference other than the name. I should have been more spacific, is there a difference in the performance of fuel system using a non-motocraft filter.

it doesnt matter. aftermarket filters are junk. take the advice you are asking for.

buy motorcraft,and never look back. to answer your question,yes theres a difference.

06redf250

Reaction score
it doesnt matter. aftermarket filters are junk. take the advice you are asking for.

buy motorcraft,and never look back. to answer your question,yes theres a difference.

got it. I always have used motocraft, just thought about saving a few bucks, but I'll stick to the same-ol same-ol. Thanks for the info!

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
The company that makes the ford 6.0 fuel and oil filters is called racor. So basically it gives you 3 options to get "factory" filters. Racor, international and ford. Diesel filters online I believe has then pretty cheap. But to specifically awnser the question yes the filters oil, fuel and tranny are unique and need factory replacements. Searching will give you enough discussion as to why

Mdub707

Reaction score
Buy them from International they're way cheaper. I buy a box at a time, and usually get them for around $30 a set.

A lot of the aftermarket fuel filters don't have the water membrane on the lower filter to separate water out of the fuel.

06redf250

Reaction score
Buy them from International they're way cheaper. I buy a box at a time, and usually get them for around $30 a set.

A lot of the aftermarket fuel filters don't have the water membrane on the lower filter to separate water out of the fuel.

I have a good friend that works at ford parts dep. I get them at 5% over ford cost. it's like $40, each, but do you know the web site you order from? I just got the fuel filters yesterday, but I need a tranny filter. thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online