Fuel filters

maxxedout

Reaction score
maxxedout: but their fuel gelled up twice on me last winter

Power Service White Bottle... Have never had a problem even in sub zero temps. Lubs pumps too.

Keep running Ford Filters

Unfortunately, Power Service left me with gelled filters a few times. (Both with this truck and my old one.) One of the techs I know swears by Howes, but it didn't do much for me. (Still gelled)

I've been running LE Full Torque for a while now, and haven't had issues since making the switch. *knock on wood*.

What I was getting at is that our fuel just sucks, but changing the filters a little more often seems to help in the winter. Normally, I stick to a 15K interval, but if it's January, and I'm changing my oil, I'll put a new set of filters in just because.

JRLott

Reaction score
Changed. 17,879 miles. Now have the fabulous buzzing noise after shut down.

image.jpg

CurtisF

Reaction score
I changed mine when the manual told me. About 22K or so miles. That's the interval they were designed for.

JRLott

Reaction score
My dash started bitching at me at roughly 17,650 miles. I was gonna wait until 20k, but figured wth after listening to the very fine knowledgeable fellers here.

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
I change every oil change , I use the Baldwin and air dog filters that come with the H&S lift pump you can get good deals buying them by the case, and also I have a beans sump kit which I will drain the sediment out once in a while

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Changed. 17,879 miles. Now have the fabulous buzzing noise after shut down.

View attachment 44574

Man that looks much better than mine!

I think that piece of oak tree leaf came from swapping tanks for titan. But I always goto the new Wawa stations for fuel. They are all new within last year or two so tanks should be in good shape. And high volume stations too. Not sure why filters would look so dark and dirty. Guess just need to change more often.

I was trying to follow factory recommended interval. My dealer recommended every other oil change. So about 15k. Figured they were just after my money, but apparently they know better than me

JRLott

Reaction score
Wasn't as bad as I had envisioned. Cheap peace of mind and easy. Buzzing went away after it ran a bit. I must have done the 30 second cycles 15 times before I started it.

JRLott

Reaction score
LOL it tells me to change and check everything else, I figured it would on the fuel filters also.

Ordered some off amazon.

Ain't that the truth. I keep waiting for mine to tell me to change the air in the tires and grease the muffler bearing. Mine did light the dash up like the Strip at about 17,650 miles to change filters.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
So here is 40k on a fuel filter and air filter... I change filters and oil on my race cars way more then I should, maybe I should step up my game a bit on my daily.

20160812_111828.jpg

20160813_125756.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
So here is 40k on a fuel filter and air filter... I change filters and oil on my race cars way more then I should, maybe I should step up my game a bit on my daily.

20160812_111828.jpg

20160813_125756.jpg

Yeah, I'd change more often lol. I go 10k with fuel filters. They're cheap insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Kind of a strange looking air filter for a stage 1 intake.... Maybe the carpet doesn't match the drapes. :lookaround: Probably a good idea to change the filters sooner like Jomax said.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Kind of a strange looking air filter for a stage 1 intake.... Maybe the carpet doesn't match the drapes. :lookaround: Probably a good idea to change the filters sooner like Jomax said.

I was putting on the stage 1 intake when I took that picture.:D
20160813_125806.jpg

Latest posts

Members online