Fuel gauge and trans issue

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Truck is a 04 6.0/auto 142k stock with exhaust and xtreme street tune for the last 4k. Recently bought it.

I have read a few gauge issue threads but had a few questions before I started digging into it. I have the dashdaq set on fuel level. 0% empty, 100% full. It's an actual reading, not smoothed or anything. When the truck gauge drops to below empty the dashdaq reads 100 percent. But often times when the truck gauge reads 1/2 tank the dashdaq still reads what it should have. Truck gauge either goes to empty or 1/2 randomly. Just trying to figure out the best place to start.

Second issue. Transmission.

Very randomly it will go into neutral while trying to shift into 4 or 5th gear. And sometimes while locking the torque converter. Just driving, not beating on it at all. Maybe every 800-1000 miles. It might do it once, or two or three times in a row. Seems to be when the truck is not up to temp most of the time. I don't drive it till it's at least 130* and easy till it's till full temp. And by neutral I mean free rev for 1-2 seconds.

sootie

Reaction score
one of our 6ohs has the identical trans problem. has done it since new stock and tuned. the trans has 200k on it now and still hasnt thrown in the chips!

im just waiting to see if the new one does the same thing :shrug:

Latest posts

Members online