Fuel inlet at front of heads

Baker42

Reaction score
I bought a regulated return with hard lines and the passenger head line is shorter than the drivers head line. Is that correct? I would just like to know before I pull off the a/c compressor and alternator. Are the lines supposed to be at the same elevation? Any reply would be appreciated

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nobody knows what you bought or who from. Pictures would help. As it sits, yes or no could be the right answer.

Baker42

Reaction score
Its an Irate obs fuel system. Very impressed with the quality. I had jake bend the regulated return lines 1.5'' longer because I have a dieselsite HPOP reservoir adapter with 99-03 screen. I have everything on except RR. Pasenger line is short of driver line

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont know man....i have his sd fuel system but im not sure what you mean?

Baker42

Reaction score
the HPOP adapter sticks up 1.5 inches and bolts between the HPOP and the reservoir. Which places the reservoir 1.5 inches above stock. The fuel supply at the front of the heads should be the same SD to OBS. Do you remember the RR return hard lines for your truck were they the same length going down to the heads or was one longer? Thanks

TyCorr

Reaction score
Idk. I understand the dieselsite spacer. Im with you thus far. Cant you install the lines and adjust your mounting point? In other words attach all the lines and then make a new bracket that will allow your lines to work. Capisce?!

Baker42

Reaction score
Im not sure yet. I have the rest of the system installed RR tomorrow, but with the lines mocked up there is no room for adjustment if the fuel supply is at the same level head to head as the lines are stainless hardlines.Im not worried about the bracket Im worried about the regulator being at a cocked angle. And only one line holding the regulator up.I could have a flex line made Mondaybut I want the hard line. Just were wondering if anyone knew the height head to head for the feed lines. I hope they are a little different and not the same height.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Isnt the bracket gonna hold the regulator? Bend that **** a little if you need to.

Baker42

Reaction score
there is no bracket Ill have to make one once everthing is hooked up. Did your Irate kit come with a bracket?

TyCorr

Reaction score
there is no bracket Ill have to make one once everthing is hooked up. Did your Irate kit come with a bracket?

No! Thats what I was sayin homie. Plumb the regulator and then mod or fab your bracket. Lines dont matter so long as they will reach the regulator. Bend em a little if you need or want to.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, i know but we cant see any of this. Thats problem numero uno. You maybe shouldnt.have had him deviate from his design as now you see it.may not work.

Id live to help you and I could but dont have the full picture. So where the lines connect to the regulator you are having an elevation issue? As in the lines arent at the same elevation?

Reaction score
Its an Irate obs fuel system. Very impressed with the quality. I had jake bend the regulated return lines 1.5'' longer because I have a dieselsite HPOP reservoir adapter with 99-03 screen. I have everything on except RR. Pasenger line is short of driver line

not trying to be cute or funny , but the problem your facing is rite in front of your eyes , read your post - you had "jake bend the line longer?
did he use an un modified line before bending?
if so theres your problem , of course its not going to line up im betting its about 3/4 -1 off from alignment - draw back of ordering custom build parts , without a test fitting to correct issues

and im lost here .... how does one bend a steel line longer? without utilizing a line stretcher

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nah, I dont.think thats what he meant whether its the problem or not. Jake.isnt.dumb, he knows what the dieselsite spacer is. All that aside, I would have used his.standard lines.as the regulator gains.nothing from being an inch and.half higher.

To the op, plumb everything, take.pictures and somebody can tell you whats what. If I.can, ill go and put my lines on tomorrow and take a.picture....

Latest posts

Members online