Fuel is pouring out everywhere help

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay so last night I was dropping my girl off and I turned around to look at my truck that was running and notices a really fast drip almost a constant stream coming from under the front of my truck. It was leaking raw fuel and was running on an 1/8th of a tank. So I got her home and went underneath and my entire under carriage is wet. I have no idea where the leak is coming from but its wet from my steering all the way back to my oil pan and its dripping off the trans pan. Im not quite sure where its coming from but it cant be a fuel line since I drove it 20 min home. Im thinking it might be the return line. My buddy was also saying it might be the bleeder on the fuel filter since its getting cold but idk where that is. Any help would really be appreciated. I kinda need my truck back cuz outta our 3 vehicles were down to 1. Its a 99 f250 7.3 as well so hoping someone can help me

cfdeng7

Reaction score
It could be from really anywhere man. What you need to do is clean everything good and then start the truck and look for leaks.

mandkole

Reaction score
focus on the fuel drain first as that is where the fuel goes when you drain the bowl. Could have a moved lever or bad orings

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay I found the leak. Its coming from the fuel bowl but not right at the top its coming from the bottom of the bowl towards the back end of the engine. Would that be my o rings in my fuel drain?

Lamont_24

Reaction score
It could be a fuel line around there or anything down there. Fuel bowls are a pain in the ass cause of leaks and that is why I'm getting rid of mine last week

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay Im pretty sure my drain valve o rings are shot. Gunna go pick some up from the store and get a new wrench since I cant get these screws out

Arisley

Reaction score
If you can't find the o-rings local, you can block it off temporarily. Cut a piece of gasket material to fit. No holes in it except for where the screws go. Put it in between the valve and the bowl. No more leaks.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
If you can't find the o-rings local, you can block it off temporarily. Cut a piece of gasket material to fit. No holes in it except for where the screws go. Put it in between the valve and the bowl. No more leaks.

Thats a good idea cuz it is only a drain. I just called all around and no one has the entire drain valve in stock. Itll take everyone 2 days to get one. So I guess Im gunna buy some O rings and see if I can get some good ones for the diesel fuel.

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
Good luck with finding the orings. NAPA might have them but the one here was out of stock. I just replaced my fuel drain valve cause it did the same thing. Ford only sells the entire drain valve not the orings. Cost is $75. Torx bit is what you need. T20 is the size. Remember there is 3 orings not just two. One on the inside and two outside.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Youre right I cannot get the o rings anywhere. I picked some up from the hardware and they are holding up for now. New ones are on order but I installed tit wrong because I cannot get the bleeder line to shut

TyCorr

Reaction score
Youre right I cannot get the o rings anywhere. I picked some up from the hardware and they are holding up for now. New ones are on order but I installed tit wrong because I cannot get the bleeder line to shut

Unless the ball is scored o rings should fix it.

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I was told by my ford parts dealer that the reason they don't sell just the orings anymore is because when the old bleeder valve is reused then it is prone to crack. Over time the plastic gets brittle and cracks in between the valve and fuel bowl. Looks like the orings are bad but it is the plastic valve itself. You could order the orings from dieselorings.com or the entire valve from them if you could wait.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
So I replaced the the entire valve including o rings and after the 2 weeks or so it started pouring out fuel again.....I have no clue why

Latest posts

Members online