Fuel Mileage on the 2013 DRW 350, unloaded

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Lightly loaded, 1 driver (me) and 1 passenger, a few suitcases, and not much else. Easy acceleration, some state highways, 45-60 mph speed limits, then 75 mph on I-65 all the way to Bowling Green, KY last weekend. 520 miles one way. I maintained 15.77 miles per gallon, hand calculated. Now, the Lie o meter, read 16.1 mpg... I only bring that up, because it was pretty damn close, unlike the 6.4, which read 2-4 mpg different from reality...

While I was up there at TS, a lot of city driving, a lot of idle time, and screwing around, hauling ass and what not, I did not fuel up until I was on the way back home, and then, I had only dropped to 15.28 MPG. The lie o meter read 15.5 at this point.

Once I got home, I fueled up again, and had brought my MPG up to 15.61 on the highway trip, again, driving like Ms Daisy, and the Lie O meter read 15.9.

I always run pretty easy on the highway, and kept it to 5 over the whole time, with the occasional passing situation, etc. 3.73 gears are MUCH better on the open road than 4.30s, and that 6 speed trans is smoooooooth.... Not once did it get lost, or slam shift, or anything else that the old 450 was plagued with.

Overall, I am impressed with the fuel economy. When Jared, Mike C, and the boys were srewing off on the highway to Franklin, I was able to keep up, fairly easily. Totally stock, no tuner, no delete, etc...

I will be towing the 17 K 5th wheel from Eglin AFB, FL to Hope Mills, NC wednesday night, and will report back again.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not bad Buddy

I've noticed the closer I get to 15k my mileage seams to get slightly better

Crazy your lie o-meter is off mine is dead nuts ever fill up unless I use remote start a bunch

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
That's not bad for a big dually.

I pulled a good sized trailer all the way home from bowling green (unloaded) running 80-85 with our SRW 6.7, still averaged mid 15's.

I was talking to you about these trucks at TS and how impressed we were with them on Friday. I was pleased with the fuel mileage we achieved as you probably are to!

Nice talkin to you again!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Not bad at all running 75 most of the way. If I can keep it 65 or lower on the flat roads around here my truck will get up to that 19-20 range. Its hard to keep it that slow on the highway though

4cstr

Reaction score
If I behave I can see 15+ pretty easily on my truck. I just turned over 15k. Pulling my 5'er we gross out at 24k...and it falls to around 10, but the terrain was pretty hilly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.