Fuel Mileage questions I know I know!!

zilla68

Reaction score
ok, then I'll tear into them on saturday afternoon and see what we find!!

thanks alot, I love the truck, just can't afford to drive it, lol. Very far at least

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Here is some info I found:

how does that affect mileage?

Did you recalibrate the speedometer when you put the bigger tires on? If not, then your speedometer and odometer (and trip odometer) are off. In this case about 3.5% (divide one circumference by the other). Since miles on the odometer is less than the actual miles traveled, that makes the mileage (MPG) read about 3.5% low.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Re-calibrate your speedo, mine was still set on stock settings with my 40x15.5R17's and I was showing about 13 mpg's now that I recalibrated it I'm at 15 MPG's city.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Re-calibrate your speedo, mine was still set on stock settings with my 40x15.5R17's and I was showing about 13 mpg's now that I recalibrated it I'm at 15 MPG's city.

It had to of been off atleast 15mph on the highway.LOL Mine is about 8-10 off on the highway with 36's.

I forgot to mention the mpg i threw out was not with the speedo calibrated. I would do it but i run 285's in the winter so it would just be off again. Lol

black974door

Reaction score
i put woodduck97's boost fooler on my truck and that damn thing woke my truck up. now i dont hit over boost! but one thing i did notice, with cruise on and on flat ground i would push 2lbs of boost. now same spot and even slight inclines i see only 1 or 1 1/2 lbs of boost. i can get anywhere between 230 and 320 outta each 3/4 tank. and thats filling it to the brim. 320 only happens on highway and i have to much of a heavy foot to get constint numbers

woodduck97

Reaction score
You guys and the tire sizeing are crazy. Take a GPS and ride down the road and how much do you want to bet it is correct or one MPH off. I could see if he had 54 inch bogger tires seeing 10MPG but he is not. He is running 285/75 tire. It is not that much of a difference over a stock size tire.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
i put woodduck97's boost fooler on my truck and that damn thing woke my truck up. now i dont hit over boost! but one thing i did notice, with cruise on and on flat ground i would push 2lbs of boost. now same spot and even slight inclines i see only 1 or 1 1/2 lbs of boost. i can get anywhere between 230 and 320 outta each 3/4 tank. and thats filling it to the brim. 320 only happens on highway and i have to much of a heavy foot to get constint numbers

320. . . . holy **** balls lol my trucks gets like 11 MPG

mattymx

Reaction score
Most of the time I hear of an issue of low mpg's, it usually ends up being a boost or exhaust leak. Those can really kill mpg's. Check your up pipes for any soot at the connections.

zilla68

Reaction score
I did have one leak on the passenger side, back over a year ago, but I fixed that already. I need to dig into the boost or exhaust leak though, but no soot anywhere under the hood area.

black974door

Reaction score
I get about 175-90 miles on my back tank
i useally get anywhere between 90-150 befor my needle hits the F. and when i did the gps calculations im actually going faster then what the speedo gauge says so really im getting more miles then that

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
i useally get anywhere between 90-150 befor my needle hits the F. and when i did the gps calculations im actually going faster then what the speedo gauge says so really im getting more miles then that
Correct me if i'm here fellas but if you are going faster than what the speedo says then whatever number you are getting is false and in reality it should be less than that.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
It had to of been off atleast 15mph on the highway.LOL Mine is about 8-10 off on the highway with 36's.

I forgot to mention the mpg i threw out was not with the speedo calibrated. I would do it but i run 285's in the winter so it would just be off again. Lol

Yes sir when I was going 75 my speedo showed like 56.

zilla68

Reaction score
well last time around I got 200 to the rear tank.

Now I'm wondering if my chip settings are correct, cause this time I ran about equal in stock tune, and economy daily driver

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.