fuel psi settings

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
When I had studs installed I went ahead and ordered innovatives RR kit. At the time I was running an air dog 150 pump...which I just replaced with an ad2. What should i have the R and AD2 set at? I also have custom tuning, 58v ficm, intake, exhaust, 205cc rcd injectors,and studded/deleted

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Personally would of stayed with the 150, but when using the AD2 with a RR, set the pump at 65ish, then set the regulator at 60ish so they don't fight each other.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
you can set the regulator on the RR at 58 psi and the air dog at 60-62. The lower pressure will regulate. This way the airdog isnt working as hard.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Why stay with an outdated, non regulated 150 that keeps the fwctory pump in place and only pushes 12-16 psi

How about because you already have it and why go spend like $700 for an AD2 when you could just pay like IDK $400 for a fuelab inline pump. Just sayin is all. You were planning to add a RR kit anyways which is what you want to use to control pressure. Either way as already mentioned should get you where you want to be.

Silverback

Reaction score
I would set the ad2 to max pressure(75psi) and set the RR to 55psi. Your gona have one sweet running truck with that setup..

Last edited:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I would set the ad2 to max pressure(75psi) and set the RR to 55psi. Your gona have one sweet running truck with that setup..

With the pump running that hard 24/7 you are going to shorten its lifespan and with only fuel pump that you can't get locally I would be very nervous taking it on trips. I would set it to more than 65psi jmo.

Silverback

Reaction score
With the pump running that hard 24/7 you are going to shorten its lifespan and with only fuel pump that you can't get locally I would be very nervous taking it on trips. I would set it to more than 65psi jmo.

I don't think its will make a damn bit of a difference...jmo

The stock pump runs at 100psi...

AKHILF

Reaction score
Well my ad2 with no R&R will go past 90 psi and that was NOT turned up all the way. I'd follow dozers plan. His idea's your best bet for sure.

jimmyz32

Reaction score
I set my AD2 to run 70psi and when i get in the skinny pedal hard it goes up to 73psi. I have no regulated return yet. I will be setting mine back at 65psi this week when I do my RR setup . Also setting the return at 60psi. I think 65psi on the fuel gauge is perfect. I was told over 75psi can damage seals in the injectors. JMO

Latest posts

Members online