Fuel pump? P0087 and clacking noise?

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Well when I get back home from work, I'm going to pull the head off and see if I can find out what happened. Hopefully it's something stupid and not melted pistons.

groove

Reaction score
Holy sheet man.. What did the noise sound like? I just rebuilt my engine and thought I tossed a torque converter. Replaced it and still have a noise that sounds like a nut in the flex plate. Doesn't do it on cold start, needs a little run time first.
I didn't replace the HPFP either....
Hope your pistons are all good, keep us posted

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Holy sheet man.. What did the noise sound like? I just rebuilt my engine and thought I tossed a torque converter. Replaced it and still have a noise that sounds like a nut in the flex plate. Doesn't do it on cold start, needs a little run time first.
I didn't replace the HPFP either....
Hope your pistons are all good, keep us posted

Almost sounds like a knock / bearing let go but I think it a fuel related knock it's weird when it warms up the smoke clears and noise goes away. Once I get home I'll dig into and let y'all know what I find.

groove

Reaction score
Well, looks like my noise is the HP turbo eating itself. Cold start no noise, take it around the block and is rocks in a can..P2563 code too.. Ugh

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Well this sucks time for the engine to come back out.. image.jpg

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Well 6.4 is on hold. Time to get the spool bus back the 7.3 goes to the machine shop tomorrow. Then I will find a short block for the 6.4.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.