Fuel Pump systems

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
So it seems like everyone you talk to has a different opinion on fuel pumps for our 6.no's. Basically just trying to get a feeler for why everyone is so split. I've come down to he conclusion that I'm either going with a Fass system or Air dog. I'm really looking for Pro's and Con's from people who are CURRENTLY RUNNING or WHERE RUNNING either of theses companies systems. I'm looking for to reading getting y'alls opinions, and experiences. Thanks!!

java

Reaction score
I was running an Airdog but after I went through three motors I gave up on it and went with a fuelab pump. I couldn't be happier now.

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
I was running an Airdog but after I went through three motors I gave up on it and went with a fuelab pump. I couldn't be happier now.
Wow!!!.... Seriously??? Damn son. What was cause the failures? lack of fuel from the pump failing or motor coulsnt handle it? where you using stock injectors with it, or any other fuel system mods?

java

Reaction score
Wow!!!.... Seriously??? Damn son. What was cause the failures? lack of fuel from the pump failing or motor coulsnt handle it? where you using stock injectors with it, or any other fuel system mods?

I had a sump feeding the pump, an upgraded wire harness and a regulated return (the regulator was set lower than the air dog). I ran it with stock injectors for a while and with 190/100s

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Just judging by the sounds my fass 200gph makes it hates it life.. Oh yeah, and don't even think about a fass if you drive your truck in cold weather, my fass blows fuses under 20 degrees

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I'm becoming a big fan on the factory 6.7 pumps. They have the pressure and flow needed to support rather large injectors in our trucks. You have OEM reliability, and if it were to go out while on the road, the local Ford dealer can get you back up...plus they are only $220 from Sunrise Ford (site sponsor). You would need to upgrade lines to and from pump, plus have a RR and a fuel pump relay harness to complete the "kit" but that is the route I am heading. I am on pump number 3 in my AirDog and it is heading south. It takes a while to build pressure and has a tough time keeping up with stock injectors on a race file, even though I have my RR set at a very low 48psi.

04cr450

Reaction score
love my 6.4 as a pusher pump feeding the 6.0 hfcm. Run this with a sump, 1/2" fuel lines and 3/8" return lines and you will have plenty of fuel to feed 175/75-190 injectors.

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
Good info guys. I really am reconsidering going with the Fass or Air dogs now. I'm not planning on racing my truck at the track or anything, but I'd like to make a little more than 500 hp in my truck which is a really attainable goal from what I'm seeing. I know you need fuel, air, lots of boost. than ks for th input guys. Keep it roaling if you have more info and advice!!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Seems like the stock 6.7 pumps are working out real well for people... If you want to go another route though, I would suggest an A1000 or a Fuellab pump. Can't go wrong with either but the design of the fuellab surpasses that of the A1000 IMO.

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
Anyone try the raptor systems? I had a friend tell me they are kick ass, but he's a cummins guy and I'm sure we all know how they are.

Irontx

Reaction score
If I had it to do all over again.... I would go another route. Never had a problem with customer service when replacing motors/pumps on my AD II...... that fact that I'm on 4th or 5th one says it all..... not to mention..... all the down time is irritating as hell....

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
So are there any after market fuel pumps that dont fail? haha I'm not building a drag truck so I'm not looking for the most insane million gallons per hour pump. just something a little better than stock so that when I do take my truck to Texas MotorSpeedway I have some extra psi to help scoot me down the strip. Other than those few, few occasions my truck is primarly a highway crusier. So from what I've collected from you guys is AirDog and Fass is a no-go at this station. Secondly a lot of you guys are running the Fuelab stuff which sounds good. I looked them up online and their product looks pretty good. Don't really like the fact they didnt have any Ford specific stuff but hey.. It is what it is. For you guys that are running the Fuelab setup what did you use. If I was going to order a kit from them what would I order is basically what I'm asking.

scparrish

Reaction score
That is a big claim considering the A1000 holds up to even the biggest fuel in our applications. I do know that the fuelab pumps are much quieter than the a1000 though.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I have fuelab brushless prodigy pumps on the shelf. They do not fail. They put an a1000 to shame.

As far as flow rates and performance? or just overall quality and longevity? Just curious. I have an A1000 on my truck now, but after talking to a fuellab rep, and seeing one of them pulled apart I really want to upgrade. But then again my A1000 has never let me down in almost 2 years and my fuel psi gauge only drops below 60psi when the truck is turned off LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.