Fuel pump

the kitch

Reaction score
Okay so a while back I bought a AD2 and im done with that mess. So im curious who has ran a fuel lab and who has ran an aeromotive and do either or both need a pusher pump? any feed back would be great! thanks guys!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Neither need a pusher pump, you do need a minimum 5/8" line feeding it via pickup or sump.

I've run both fuelab and aeromotive, and Ill keep my fuelab hands down, all day over the aeromotive. Quieter, speed controlled right on the pump, brushless, and less vibration.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
To answer your question, is no, you cannot use the stock pickup and line, and no 1/2" is not sufficient, whoever tells you otherwise is not following fuelabs instruction. On the other hand yes a sump to a fuelab is a great setup, but you need some sort of filtration and a way to regulate the pump (ie regulated return)

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I was told about fuelab from another member cause of the ad2fail been happy ever since

strokin6L

Reaction score
Been running a fuelab pump for about 4 years so far. I have a low pressure FASS pusher pump feeding it. Everything has been flawless. I have a Hellmann's sump with 5/8" line from sump to FASS, then 5/8 line from FASS to fuelab, then 1/2 line from fuelab to Y-block, then 2 3/8 lines from Y-block to heads.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Also could I use my AD2 for filters and a pusher pump if wanted?

You'll get more flow from sump to pump and take the ADII completely out. If had to do it over again I'd run a sump to pump and then to a 2micron Cat filter. If you have a problem with crappy fuel you'll need to set up a drainable fuel and water separated. If not the big 2 micron filters will catch everything.

Never heard a Fuel Lab pump run but I will substantiate the rummer that the Aeromotive pumps are LOUD. Mine is mounted to torsion mounted and still loud.

Cak301

Reaction score
Either I am not understanding your last video or it seems like it shows the fuel lab to be a lot louder than the A1000.

01PSD

Reaction score
:whs:

Idk how to describe it but let's just say you can hear the A1000 humming when you're going down the road. No big deal when you have a 7" stack in the bed though...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I could hear my a1000 over my non vgt, cant hear my fuelab. I guess its something you have to hear in person, that video is showing the pitch difference, the fuelab is much higher pitched. Its not my money or truck, so I could care less. Just trying to help :thumbup:

Cak301

Reaction score
I am not trying to argue with you. In the video you have the fuel lab camera one heading then there is a very loud pump noise then the A1000 camera two heading and I dont really hear anything. I just was wondering if I was missing something or what.

jbkingranch

Reaction score
:whs:

Idk how to describe it but let's just say you can hear the A1000 humming when you're going down the road. No big deal when you have a 7" stack in the bed though...

Agreed! My dad complains about mine every time he gets in my truck but doesn't care about the vibration under the passengers seat from the 5" strait pipe.

Latest posts

Members online