Fuel smell in cab

SPless

Reaction score
I'm noticing whenever i turn on my heat its almost like i smell raw fuel in the cab. I guess I'm used to it because i barely smell it but some say it almost makes their eyes water its so strong. The first time i noticed it was after i changed my fuel pump, so could this be caused by fuel in the valley or do I have another problem?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

purpleheart350

Reaction score
It could possibly be fuel in the valley, but when I did mine I still had a leak from the banjo bolt, and the driver side rear fuel line. You need to see if you are leaving puddles of fuel. Or you can do what I do and park on an incline for a bit to let it drain out.

SPless

Reaction score
Alright, I'm planning to pull the turbo in a few weeks to do some more work so I'll give it a good once over then. Thanks.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Did you replace the brass washer on the banjo bolt when you did the swap? That was what was causing my leak and one of the rubber o-rings on the fuel line was ate up.

mandkole

Reaction score
Yes, check your work on the pump install. I remove everything in the fuel system to make sure nothing is missed. Lots of lines/clamps to leak and the banjo is a pain to get tight. You'll find it...

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
Take a look in the valley first and see if you have fuel there. If so dry it up and make sure that it is a new leak. How long ago did you do the pump?

SPless

Reaction score
I did the pump a few months ago and replaced the washer and all rubber lines. I've just been ignoring the smell but it's getting a little old now

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't exhaust? Do you have a cut-off undercab or something? When its cold like that these things run rich to heat up quickly, and w/ a cutoff that raw exhaust can get into the cab and make those that aren't diesel nuts sick with the smell.

Latest posts

Members online