Fuel system question.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So I am ditching my airdog in favor of my own pump and filters. I will have an 8an line coming up to the motor and my question is what is the best way to hook it up. I have the stock fuel bowl with a sinister regulated return. Can I take the banjo bolt out of the feed on the fuel bowl and just find an o-ringed fitting that goes from what ever size the feed is on the fuel bowl to -8AN or should I ditch the fuel bowl and go to a Y block and feed each of the heads from that? My 6.0 has 190/75 injectors. Just trying to get a feel how everyone else plumbed theirs.

05wh250

Reaction score
Mine is fed through the stock fuel bowl, but quite a few people remove it. MPD has a fitting and hose kit to remove the banjo bolt feed line, not sure on the threads but i think it required a 90* fitting.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
So I am ditching my airdog in favor of my own pump and filters. I will have an 8an line coming up to the motor and my question is what is the best way to hook it up. I have the stock fuel bowl with a sinister regulated return. Can I take the banjo bolt out of the feed on the fuel bowl and just find an o-ringed fitting that goes from what ever size the feed is on the fuel bowl to -8AN or should I ditch the fuel bowl and go to a Y block and feed each of the heads from that? My 6.0 has 190/75 injectors. Just trying to get a feel how everyone else plumbed theirs.

im doing something similar to mine, ditching the factory fuel bowl, im planning to run 8n line from the pump to a y block ,and split from an 8n to 2 6n outlets, feel the 6n into the front of the heads, there is a fitting that will go into the front of the head...Greg from MPD was showing me, il have to see if I can find it

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Does yours hold pressure or drop a little going through the stock fuel bowl?

Mine is fed through the stock fuel bowl, but quite a few people remove it. MPD has a fitting and hose kit to remove the banjo bolt feed line, not sure on the threads but i think it required a 90* fitting.

I would be very interested on thst fitting to replace the banjo bolts. Where do you plan on mounting your Y block?

im doing something similar to mine, ditching the factory fuel bowl, im planning to run 8n line from the pump to a y block ,and split from an 8n to 2 6n outlets, feel the 6n into the front of the heads, there is a fitting that will go into the front of the head...Greg from MPD was showing me, il have to see if I can find it

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Does yours hold pressure or drop a little going through the stock fuel bowl?

I would be very interested on thst fitting to replace the banjo bolts. Where do you plan on mounting your Y block?

It will most likely be somewhere either where the fuel bowl use to be, or possible make a bracket that will go near the top of the driver side valve cover. I believe it was an earls fitting, il look it up tonight, and post it tomorrow for you

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online