Fuel temp

strokethis_06

Reaction score
Guys with custom fuel systems. Where are you reading fuel temp? Im just getting my truck back together. Complete custom fuel system with fuel bowl & cooler deletes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

buck russell

Reaction score
My single turbo 6.4 under normal street driving ranges anywhere from 130-160 right now.

If I'm really ripping on it, it goes upwards of 170. And that's really bad as the fuel starts to thin out. It's really hard on the pump too.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
just deleted my cooler this weekend, and with temps outside in the low 80's, fairly humid, with mixed highway/back roads driving I see around 120*. ive only driven it 80 miles or so since deleting so we will see how it is further down the road

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I have the elite machined block that comes in their fuel bowl delete kit, so the sensor is in basically the stock location

strokethis_06

Reaction score
I am probably just gonna put a block inline and put the sensor in it. Just wondered what others where doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
My single turbo 6.4 under normal street driving ranges anywhere from 130-160 right now.

If I'm really ripping on it, it goes upwards of 170. And that's really bad as the fuel starts to thin out. It's really hard on the pump too.

Running dual pumps, I could see how that could get out of hand...that's kinda surprising if you are only running one pump. Care to comment on your exact setup?

buck russell

Reaction score
Sure, not a problem.

MPD Single Turbo Kit
S466
30% nozzles
Single K16
IDP Tune
Built Trans
Mishimoto FMIC
Mishimoto Radiator

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sure, not a problem.

MPD Single Turbo Kit
S466
30% nozzles
Single K16
IDP Tune
Built Trans
Mishimoto FMIC
Mishimoto Radiator

Thank you. I apologize for the derail, but how much PW can you with that setup before you lose RP?

buck russell

Reaction score
At first, I was running a 2.0 PW tune and the truck put down 678whp.

Now the PW is 1.8 and the truck still runs like hell, it's just a little more fuel friendly and street-able. Eric has written a few new tunes for me, but this one is the best and isn't super touchy.

HD F250

Reaction score
I too am running dual pumps with Elite fuel bowl delete and my temps have gotten as high 180 on a road trip. My truck will also run rough if I don't modify the temp sensor to stop reading above 100. I have tried a remote mounted external trans cooler and it helps, but not a solution IMHO. I am probably going to relocate the stock cooler if I can not get temps under control.

Latest posts

Members online