Fuelab 6.4 pumps!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok so first off HUGE thank you to Brenton from Side Action Diesel! A few months ago he sent me a Fuelab 200 gph kit for the 6.4 powerstroke! This is specifically for our trucks! So here is my install.

First off here is whats in the kit( I didn't get a picture of the lines)
20150726_083624.jpg
I bent the pump mounting plate to wrap under the frame about 1" from the bottom of the plate. Then I found the place I wanted to mount it and marked the frame for the holes to be drilled. Then I mounted the bracket using the supplied counter sunk bolts(these are pretty handy they are a taper fit with little barbs that bite into the frame to prevent spinning while your tightening them) To reach in between the fuel tank and frame I pried on it with a crow bar and slid a 2x4 in there to fit my hand.
20150726_124434.jpg
20150726_124448.jpg
Now I cut my filler neck and installed the return T.
20150726_124452.jpg
Once the T was installed. I unhooked the fuel feed line from the tank and tucked it away. I then mounted the pump.
20150726_125431.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Now once the pump was installed I started running fuel lines. They are very simple and straight forward. The line going to the top left of the pump is the feed from the tank. The one directly below that is the pump return to the filler neck T. And the one on the right side of the pump is the discharge to the engine. All of the lines have push lock fittings and are a breeze to use! heres how I ran my lines. Please excuse the mess where the stock hfcm was. It leaked everywhere because I didn't drain it out long enough since I was trying to deal with other stuff while I was doing this install:fustrate:!
20150726_131611.jpg
20150726_131625.jpg
20150726_134613.jpg
20150726_134621.jpg
20150726_134738.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Once I had my lines ran to my stock hfcm I removed it. This is where my truck got messy:D. Once the hfcm is gone all you do is install the black plastic double nipple fitting to the feed lines. And then the aluminum double nipple fitting goes from the tank return to the engine fuel return.
20150726_145444.jpg

20150726_145532.jpg

20150726_145610.jpg

The last thing you have to do is plug in your supplied pigtail and solder the wires to the pump power wires. The purple wire is the power and the black is the ground(from the truck) And the red is power and black is ground on the pump wiring. The pump is labeled for power and ground. The ground has 2 lugs and there is a jumper on the pump end wired together for that. Now your done!

Also while I was installing this kit I also installed my Side Action Diesel fuel bowl ******! This fuel bowl ****** couldn't get any easier! You simply unbolt the fuel lines, unbolt the fuel bowl, disconnect the fuel line that goes to the hpfp, and unplug the fuel temp sensor. Then remove the fuel bowl. Install the fuel bowl ****** and just swap the fuel temp sensor, clip the fuel line on that goes to the hpfp, and bolt the 3 banjo bolts back up and done!

20150726_192105.jpg
20150726_192110.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Now I've been running this setup since the second week of June with ZERO issues! Its quiet and very easy/simple to install. I had been talking with Brenton for awhile about this and I'm BEYOND PLEASED with both the kit and the service I received from him! He is VERY knowledgeable and is more than willing to help out in any way he can! If you have any interest in this kind of fuel system don't hesitate on calling him. He will get you squared away. Plus its not an airdog or fass. So reliability shouldn't be a question, these fuelabs are very well built.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thank you sir! This kit should be the answer to the lpfp reliability issues some have. Plus its small and easy to install. You can't see it without looking under my truck. It doesn't hang down.

Just finished up a build w/30's so I'm in need & forgot about his kit. Nice to see its user friendly & easy install. Definitely going to look into this option so thanks again.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just finished up a build w/30's so I'm in need & forgot about his kit. Nice to see its user friendly & easy install. Definitely going to look into this option so thanks again.

Yeah give him a call he's more than willing to help. You gotta post up your build, I saw you were doing something but I never saw a build thread. 30's should be a good bump in power without being smokey.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I have been looking at this setup for awhile. Suspension has taken way longer than expected to finish up but after that I am ordering this! I don't like seeing the filters hanging down below the rockers on other kits. Thanks for the install pics!

Reaction score
:rockon:Thanks Brandon! Glad to see your happy with the setup !! Always good dealing with you as well !

For anyone who is serious about the kits call the shop and we can get you taken care of. We have had our 200gph pumps in our reg cab for about 3 years now and we wanted to be able to offer a plug and play kit to our customers that want a better quality option .

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Donaldson p551315 filters will work with the fuel lab pumps?

Latest posts

Members online