Gauges

David S.

Reaction score
What kind of gauges do you guys have? Looking to buy some in the near future. Mainly looking for mechanical gauges but am open-minded to a monitor. Loved my cts on my 6.0. Post up pics if you have them.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Isspro performax's pyro, boost,fuel psi, trans temp. They match exactly to my 05 gauges sorry for the crappy picture its all I have of them. And then I also have a linear logic scan gauge 2 mounted above the mirror which I can monitor eot, ect, ficm voltage, icp, ait, etc etc. Been very happy with both of them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313548389891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313548389891.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313548433280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313548433280.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Also they look like they have a big glare but that's only in the picture. They don't glare in person

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Also they look like they have a big glare but that's only in the picture. They don't glare in person

except for the fact 6.4's dont need mechanical gauges. get another cts or a dash daq..you can monitor every parameter that the pcm does, and datalog with the dash daq .... i can understand why anyone would want an analog gauge other than to look fast, or serve a purpose the digital gauges cant do.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i have them cuz i get tired of taking the dash daq in and out all the time. I don't need all those parameters for regular driving

David S.

Reaction score
except for the fact 6.4's dont need mechanical gauges. get another cts or a dash daq..you can monitor every parameter that the pcm does, and datalog with the dash daq .... i can understand why anyone would want an analog gauge other than to look fast, or serve a purpose the digital gauges cant do.

I have a dash daq but I can't use the suction cup on the windshield since I have my windshield tinted.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I have a dash daq but I can't use the suction cup on the windshield since I have my windshield tinted.

My windshield is tinted and I have zero issues. I actually have it on a spot where there is a double layer of tint, at the top.

why would you take it out all the time?

It's not good to leave the DashDAQ (or any monitor/GPS for that matter) in your truck all the time during the summer. Heat takes a big toll on it. Obviously if you use it every time you drive it would be dumb to take it out, but if your not using it there is no need to leave it in the heat. I leave mine in all the time, but keep the SD card out because heat corrupts the SD card.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thats what i do, i never have the sd card in unless im data logging. with the edge pod i doubt it gets any direct sunlight ever. i know mine doesnt.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
thats what i do, i never have the sd card in unless im data logging. with the edge pod i doubt it gets any direct sunlight ever. i know mine doesnt.

How hot does it get where you are?

My DashDAQ is behind about 2% tint, and it gets hot as hell. Even with my dark windows, the inside of my truck gets super hot. I have heard the inside of a vehicle with the windows up can get over 140 degrees on a hot summer day. I believe it too. It can be 95 outside, and when I open my door....holy hell!

BFT

Reaction score
i was thinking of running some gauges on the pillar. i love the DD but the only place i feel comfortable with is in the gauge cluster/dash.

if anything i would run a pyro, tranny, oil and boost

here is where i keep my DD when towing
betito121.jpg

Spatel23

Reaction score
VERY crappy cell phone pictures. I will get some better ones up when I get the truck back. I cut up a mount and made something for the DashDaq that I really like. I will show pictures of it when I get it back as well.

4cb1a604.jpg

b3b0cdd6.jpg

Autometer NV series gauges. 2 boost and 1 2000* pyro.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
My suction cup sucks, never really works anymore.

And I take it out mainly for heat but also theft.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
How hot does it get where you are?

My DashDAQ is behind about 2% tint, and it gets hot as hell. Even with my dark windows, the inside of my truck gets super hot. I have heard the inside of a vehicle with the windows up can get over 140 degrees on a hot summer day. I believe it too. It can be 95 outside, and when I open my door....holy hell!

Put up a windshield shade, they will make a huge difference. My dd hasn't been out of my truck in two years. Use it every time I drive and sits near the windshield. Never had an issue and it gets over 100 here. The majority of the time it is parked it is in the shade.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Put up a windshield shade, they will make a huge difference. My dd hasn't been out of my truck in two years. Use it every time I drive and sits near the windshield. Never had an issue and it gets over 100 here. The majority of the time it is parked it is in the shade.

I'm always trying to find shade to park in. It's hard to find it on a college campus though.

My DD stays in the truck most of the time too, and I have never had an issue with it. However, I have had SD card issues due to heat.

Latest posts

Members online