Gear head tunes hp?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
image.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I would guess about 480 at the tires on my truck but haven't put it on the dyno. It did run a 14.3 @8230lbs though

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would guess about 480 at the tires on my truck but haven't put it on the dyno. It did run a 14.3 @8230lbs though
thats 460hp... i run 14.1s at 8200 and it puts me at 470ish...

edit.. had to go to the hp calculator...
live life full throttle

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
mph has quite a bit do do with it. I forget how fast I was trapping though. Weight may have been more too I will have to dig up my time slips

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Not sure about horsepower but I believe it's a lot cleaner tune meaning you won't smoke as much when you hit the throttle and I think it does some tuning to the trans for better shifting. There's a thread on here about the gearheads tune that might answer some questions/ give you ideas if you feel its worth it. Just run a quick search.

jcain

Reaction score
The transmission tuning alone is worth it. The engine tune is much cleaner. Power is marginally better than boxed. 11-14s are flat out of turbo

Mpoage

Reaction score
If your expecting a major horsepower bump then you will be disappointed. I do like the way the power comes on with the gearhead tunes and the transmission shifts much firmer but my tunes from Matt actually smoke more than the H&s tunes. In my opinion they are worth it because I hate the way the h&s tunes drive.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
My boxes tunes made my truck smoke like a damn train with the low boost fueling on 5. And I ran it that way for about 3 weeks before I got the Gearhead tunes. The trans tune is amazing and my Gearhead tunes clean up big time. With the No Limit intake my truck practically doesn't smoke anymore, just a light haze at WOT.

Not as big of a performance increase that I got on my 6.0 with his tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If your expecting a major horsepower bump then you will be disappointed. I do like the way the power comes on with the gearhead tunes and the transmission shifts much firmer but my tunes from Matt actually smoke more than the H&s tunes. In my opinion they are worth it because I hate the way the h&s tunes drive.

Agreed, but to stop the smoke put a No limit 5" intake on. 6.0L Stroker put one on his truck and it doesn't hardly even let out a puff anymore

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.