Gearhead Tune Questions.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I just got my MCC Unlock and Gearhead Tunes ,what are the differences between the trans tunes?

Econ
Hyb
Regular

I loaded hyb tune to start with.

What setting is everyone running with the engine tune? I have not went any higher than the tow setting so far.

sootie

Reaction score
i run the biggest engine tune.

regular shifting has higher shift points than the rest and i like it. but i am running 35" with 3:55 gears

econ shifts and locks early which i hate because it is only good under 50% throttle.

Hybrid i have never ran.

DWhite

Reaction score
Straight from Larz when I got my tunes. I asked what the difference was.

Anything above wot and all files should be the same. The Economy and Regular file will lock the converter in 3rd gear on up. The Economy tune should shift and lock the converter 200-300 rpms sooner than the regular file. The Hybrid file will only lock the converter in 5th and OD. It tries to keep the rpms above 1800, that file was really intended for the non vgt turbos and trucks with factory gearing and large tires.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Eco or Reg if you still have factory style compounds. Hyb is more for the single turbo crowd. Reg is for the guys with 3.55 and 33 inch + tires but some guys with the lower gears like it too. eco shifts sooner than reg, but all files are the same above 1/2 throttle.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Off topic I been like a little kid waiting for my gearhead tune my s468 and stock h and s files don't work to good together.

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Eco or Reg if you still have factory style compounds. Hyb is more for the single turbo crowd. Reg is for the guys with 3.55 and 33 inch + tires but some guys with the lower gears like it too. eco shifts sooner than reg, but all files are the same above 1/2 throttle.

I like the reg with 3.73's and stock 34.4" tires. Even on my light little reg cab.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I like the reg with 3.73's and stock 34.4" tires. Even on my light little reg cab.

Some people do... I try to tell everyone that the 6.4 has great efficiency cruising around at 1700-1900 rpms, but some people have to have it shift into the next gear.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Gearhead.... Thank you for posting on this topic

I have 373 and 33's so I will give the regular a spin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online